Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for viewing this post.

I am renovating my basement and have the ability to build or paint a screen. I have been reading other threads and I have come to the understanding that the BenQ is a "bright" project which needs a slightly grey screen.

So if I want to build / paint this on my own what are my options living here in Canada. Is there a site I can find cheap acoustical screens? I can build the frame no problem. I this the better option?

Or should I paint a screen on the wall? I can do either so I'd like to know what you guys think out there. Please keep in mind I don't want to buy any filters and have a potential throw distance of 14 ft.

Thanks in an advance.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
14 feet means 128'' to 167'' diagonal screen. There's a quite a big difference so it is important to know how big it will be your screen. One other thing...you 'll be watching a lot of 3D, or you mainly oriented to 2D?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14 feet means 128'' to 167'' diagonal screen. There's a quite a big difference so it is important to know how big it will be your screen. One other thing...you 'll be watching a lot of 3D, or you mainly oriented to 2D?
Mainly 2d but will be watching 3d on occasion.

Never had the option so I'm not sure how I am going to like it.

I was looking to have a screen size of 120"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much do you want to spend on your screen project?

For a 120" screen, your mounting distance should be from 10-13'. You can see a lot of the mounting info here at the elite projector calculator.
I was thinking around 250 max. I just found one on kijiji for 50 bucks and its 133". It has some imperfections but I was wondering if I can paint them out. I haven't see what the issues are yet I'm going to go after work today to find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts