14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[img]http://www.hometheatershack.com/gallery/file.php?n=3066[/img]
BenQ W6000 HD DLP Projector

Specifications
Native Res.: 1080p
Brightness: 2500 ANSI lumens
Colors: Full 1.07 billion color palette
Lamp: 280W, 2000/3000 hours (Normal/Economic)
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic/4:3/Wide/Letter box/Real Screen selectable
Technology: DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
Contrast Ratio: 50000:1
Resolution Supported: VGA(640X350) to WUXGA(1920X1200)
Inputs (Video): PC (D-Sub 15 pin) X 1, HDMI(v1.3) X 2, Component Video (RCA) X 3, S-Video (Mini Din 4 Pin) X 1, Composite Video (RCA) X 1
Image Size (Diagonal): 28" to 300"
Throw Ratio: 1.62 to 2.43
Zoom Ratio: Manual Zoom, 1.5:1
Lens: F=2.48-2.81, f=24.1-36.1
Horizontal Frequency: 31-92 kHz
Vertical Scan Rate 48-86 Hz
MSRP: $3499

W6000: Ultra-Bright, Ultra-Contrast 1080p Luxury

The W6000 is living room cinema at its best, incorporating top technologies for luxury, cinema-class entertainment at home. It rivals high-priced models in offering full 1080p HD video at 24 frames per second – the same format used for professional movie filming and editing, as well as in Blu-ray DVD players. Movies are always pristine and immaculate without the degradation that inevitably occurs during the conversion process. Likewise, sophisticated HQV processing not only renders HD video sources in true 1080p high definition, but enhances enhances standard definition content to new levels of clarity and vibrancy. Lower-resolution video sources such as 480i, whether analog or digital, are automatically converted to produce full HD-like image quality. The combined expertise of BenQ’s projector know-how, Texas Instruments’ DynamicBlack™ and Philip’s VIDI lamp technology delivers an astounding 50,000:1 contrast ratio for superbly rendered image definition, even in the darkest scenes, and a brilliant 2,500AL to counter any ambient room lighting. An arsenal of advancements further back the W6000’s breathtaking, bigger-than-life color reproduction: true 10-bit processing, BrilliantColor and a native Rec.709 color gamut, plus custom color preference via Independent Color Control. Challenging home installations are made easy and effortless with horizontal+vertical lens shift, 1.5:1 zoom ratio, dual HDMI 1.3 inputs, and Imaging Science Foundation Certified Calibration Configuration (ISFccc) for optimized performance customized to the consumer’s home environment. And for true commercial theater replication, the W6000 can display in 2.35:1 aspect ratio using an optional Panamorph Lens.

Features

Image Performance

Full HD 1080p Resolution
[img]http://www.hometheatershack.com/gallery/file.php?n=3067[/img]

The BenQ W6000 offers the highest standard of cinema class viewing. It supports multiple video formats including 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. From HDTV or blu-ray DVD to video games such as Xbox or PS3, you can enjoy the latest video formats in Full HD, the new standard of video performance. HD isn’t just the latest thing. It’s the only thing. 1080p Full HD delivers 5x more detail than traditional 480p projectors.

Hollywood Quality Video (HQV™) Image Quality
Sophisticated HQV processing not only renders HD video sources in true 1080p high definition, but enhances standard definition content to new levels of clarity and vibrancy. Lower-resolution video sources such as 480i, whether analog or digital, are automatically converted to produce full HD-like image quality.

Extremely High Contrast Ratio
The combined expertise of BenQ’s projector know-how, Texas Instruments’ DynamicBlack™ and Philip’s VIDI lamp technology delivers an astounding 50,000:1 contrast ratio for superbly rendered image definition, even in the darkest scenes, and a brilliant 2,500AL to counter any ambient room lighting.

Vivid Color

BrilliantColor™ Performance
BenQ’s high-speed, 6-segment color wheel delivers the best balance between optimal brightness and color, while BrilliantColor Technology boosts mid-tone colors to increase overall brightness to produce a more life-like picture

VIDI™ Lighting Technology Adjusts Light More Effectively
W6000 uses the VIDI technology to produce more brightness by delivering more lumens on screen than competing systems and normal lamps. It also increases brightness by 15% for red & blue. With VIDI lighting, W6000 can boost specific colors in different application modes for a stunning picture.

True 10-bit Processing for Image Intensity and Rich Gradation of Color
10-bit color processing allows users to distinguish and display more than 1 billion colors. This results in dramatically greater color precision and a more life-like picture than is possible with 8-bit technology, which produces only 16 million colors.

Independent Color Management Puts You in Control
W6000 allows you to independently adjust six different colors. Change one color, and the rest remain as before.

Thoughtful Designs

BenQ considers every detail. Challenging home installations are made easy and effortless with horizontal+vertical lens shift, 1.5:1 zoom ratio, dual HDMI inputs, and Imaging Science Foundation Certified Calibration Configuration (ISFccc) for optimized performance customized to the consumer’s home environment. And for true commercial theater replication, the W6000 can display in 2.35:1 aspect ratio using an optional Panamorph Lens.

Product Webpage

Projector Central Review

Calculator Pro

Art's Review at projectorreview.com

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still no takers on the W6000 yet huh? I was over at Art's site and looking through his comparison to the Panasonic AE4000, I think I'd take the W6000.

The BenQ has that DLP look with rich colors especially the darker ones. It also has the noticeably sharper looking image.
Between the Panasonic and BenQ, special features notwithstanding, I find the BenQ to be the more fun projector in terms of picture, but the Panasonic still has a significant advantage in black levels. Very tough call for many. I've got a screen large enough that the Panny can't cut it in "best" mode, so, since I do demand a great picture for most movie watching, I'd have to choose the BenQ W6000, but than mine is a 128" Firehawk G3 - a high contrast gray surfaced screen.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dunno for the extra coin I think you cant go wrong with the 4000 but it is a much better looking unit for sure and has some interesting reviewed strengths.

·
Senior Shackster
701 Posts
Well - I just found this thread and thought I'd post that I settled on this projector for my room. I'm a huge fan of colors that pop and sharpness so I figured DLP was right for me. Still haven't had a chance to get it dialed in fully but comments to come.

Also - I got it for an amazing price - it's now streeting for 2k at certain dealers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still no takers on the W6000 yet huh? I was over at Art's site and looking through his comparison to the Panasonic AE4000, I think I'd take the W6000.
The BenQ W6000 is the more expensive of the two, with a current MAP price of $2499. That's $500 more than the Panasonic. Unlike Epson, BenQ can't play catch-up though in cost, for its lamp has the same hourly spec (2000 hours at full, 3000 in low power), as the Panasonic PT-AE4000.:coocoo:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The BenQ is on sale right now for the same price as the Panasonic at certain retailers.

I was considering either the BenQ or the LG CF181D for the downstairs living room due to there high light output and PQ.

Anyone ever compare the BenQ and LG?

·
Senior Shackster
701 Posts
I have had the W6000 now for about 2 months and have nothing but good things to say. Color accuracy is excellent and my general impression is that it's a far superior projector to the other comps I looked at. I can't speak to the LG's quality but was very happy with the result in my theater.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do i hook up speakers to this projector. Please help Im having alot of trouble with even finding the right audio input/ output

·
Banned
15 Posts
Wow, not too much W6000 lovin' over here. I've had this sucker since Nov. '09 and still don't have the urge to upgrade yet; and that's coming from 6 projectors in a two year time frame.

Nearly 2100 hrs on the lamp now and I've got a new bulb to install. I went with the bulb only from Pureland: http://purelandsupply.com/w6000-bulb-benq-lcd-projector-lamp.html, it isn't very difficult to swap the bulb in the housing and saves a chunk of coin.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, not too much W6000 lovin' over here. I've had this sucker since Nov. '09 and still don't have the urge to upgrade yet; and that's coming from 6 projectors in a two year time frame.

Nearly 2100 hrs on the lamp now and I've got a new bulb to install. I went with the bulb only from Pureland: http://purelandsupply.com/w6000-bulb-benq-lcd-projector-lamp.html, it isn't very difficult to swap the bulb in the housing and saves a chunk of coin.
I'm still using my W5000. :T Otherwise I'd be looking at it. :bigsmile:

·
Banned
15 Posts
mechman said:
I'm still using my W5000. :T Otherwise I'd be looking at it. :bigsmile:
Not a slouch, that one. I had it for a while and then the W20000 before this one. I needed the ridiculous lumens on the W6K.

I wonder what happened to the W30000 (it was supposed to be LED), or if BenQ will have something new this year.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a slouch, that one. I had it for a while and then the W20000 before this one. I needed the ridiculous lumens on the W6K.

I wonder what happened to the W30000 (it was supposed to be LED), or if BenQ will have something new this year.
I'm unsure what happened to the W30000. It's been over a year and a half since they announced it though. :scratch: Must not have met their expectations. :dontknow:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the template for the mounting holes on the BenQW6000? They changed the chassis from W5000 to W6000 and I can't seem to find anything on the net.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know where I can get the template for the mounting holes on the BenQW6000? They changed the chassis from W5000 to W6000 and I can't seem to find anything on the net.
I couldn't either Mark. :dontknow:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks. If anyone does, please post it here?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Can anyone PM me a place with the best price on the W6000.

If I can get a good deal then I will pull the trigger.

·
Banned
15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I missed out on the december/january promotion, but sent them an email this morning about if they were going to have a lower price deal in the forseable future. Couple of hours after I sent the email I received a call from a Benq Rep and she informed me that while we are not likely to see that pricing any time soon that she did have several demo units that they were going to be placing on their website, and that she would call back once that happened with the details. She called back after an hour or so and said that they were now on the site for purchase at $1,499. I asked her about the warranty and said they would come with the same warranty as new (1yr) with free ground shipping, I asked about if they had new bulbs she said no but that they would have at least 80% if not more of the expected life and if DOA they would ship a replacement. I went ahead and pulled the trigger since I was really wanting the projector and it was out of my price range but this allowed me to do it...hopefully everything will work out....Hopefully someone might find this useful, thought I would pass it along, I can't wait to get mine....first projector :D

Here is the website if anyone is interested.... http://shop.benq.us/ProductDetail.aspx?id=257

1 - 20 of 138 Posts