Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Berkline burl surround cup holder

1211 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Da Wiz
The burl plastic area around the cup holders has cracked and I would like to replace them. Not sure how old chair is but style number is 450995201. Any ideas on a fix for this?


See less See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
ask a place that "wraps" cars about whether they have a woodgrain (or other finish you prefer) pattern and see if it can be applied to the trim bits successfully. The original parts may have to be "body worked" with epoxy filling the cracks and then sanded down to make a smooth un-cracked surface again. Finding THAT part new enough to not have suffered the same fate is unlikely. Another possibility. Have somebody who knows what they are doing, scan the original part, then fix up the defects and 3D-print new parts with a durable, long lasting plastic like black ABS that won't crack. Once the parts are made, you can spray paint them anything you like, or go to the car wrap place and see what they have. Car wrap has to be durable to survive stones and such, so it makes a good material for a use like this.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.