Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing an addition currently and will be adding an outdoor kitchen on the rear patio, I want to do a surround system out there (2 fronts, 2 rears, and a buried sub) and a 5.1 with sub in the living room (ceiling speakers)

the plan is to run everything back to a central location under the stairs where the receiver, router, cable, Xbox, etc will be located, from there I have HDMI ran through 1” conduit to each tv and speaker wire run.

I’m just having trouble finding the correct receiver, all I find is where the second output is only 2 channel…

I want to be able to:
-Play music through both zones at the same time
-music in one zone, and tv in the other
-tv in both zones

just don’t know the best way to do it…

also, I don’t want to spend $3000 on a receiver, I’d like to be somewhere around that for the whole system including the 9 speakers and 2 subs..

thank you,

shane

·
Super Moderator
9,302 Posts
Yamaha’s RX-A4, 6, and 8 AVRs have HDMI outputs for Zones 2 or 3 (depending on the model). Other manufacturers may also have this feature, you should review their websites. You’ll also have to review the manuals to determine if they’ll do what you want - i.e. send both video and 5.1 audio to the secondary zone, from all HDMI sources.

Naturally, you will need a second AVR (receiving an HDMI signal from the main one) to process and power speakers for the patio system.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts