Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the current best 15 inch subwoofer driver for a sealed enclosure for the money?

With a lot of companies going out of business I was leaning towards the daytons reference HF in a sealed enclosure but now I see they recently added the Ultimax plus Stereo Integrity came out recently.

While I would love to go with the TC Sounds driver I cant afford it so what is the best driver for the money around the 150-200 mark?

What would the SI drive provide me for 40 bucks more than the Reference drive?

While this would be for a HT room I prefer to listen to music and use that as my reference point. So a fast drive would be better to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of Leary giving them any business after reading about how they have screwed over so many people with warranty claims. Was actully considering buying their epik until I did a little bit of reading.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
The HF only has 14mm Xmax. The SI has 22mm. The new pricing on the SI includes shipping so I believe they would be about the same price. Not for sure.

There are s number of car subwoofers that can also work but it is up to you for your application.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i was comparing the HF and the HO drivers and emailed dayton support they told me the HF was a more refined driver that would be cleaner and better suited to musical applications. Is that true and will I get the same refined sound from the SI 15?
I was actually thinking of doing 2 sealed separate subs that is why I was leaning towards the daytons to save me same money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was going to do 2 separate sub woofers and power them with separate channels of a pro amp. Is that the best way to do it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With the SI's in sealed 3cuf boxes they can be built to get a clean refined sound that would be good for music right?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
i was going to do 2 separate sub woofers and power them with separate channels of a pro amp. Is that the best way to do it?
Yes, use a D2 wired 4 ohms in each cabinet.

With the SI's in sealed 3cuf boxes they can be built to get a clean refined sound that would be good for music right?
Yes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm very happy with my dual Ultimax 15-22's in DIY 4 cu/ft sealed enclosures. Or buy the package with flat packs on sale 1/2 price. These fit within your price range, and IMHO are tough to beat.

Powered with an iNuke NU3000DSP, these subs rock! No measurements yet, hope to purchase mic for REW soon, then begin my lengthy learning curve... :scratch:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts