Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Room is always really dark when using projector.

Though my walls are agreeable gray. Same with ceiling.

Would like a screen that is not overdoing it by being too good of screen for the projector but not a horrible low grade screen either.

P.S. I doubt I will get a reply here but no big deal. Either way a win win.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that projector before in a room with similar attributes. A silver ticket screen with standard white materiel served me very well, especially on dark cinema mode. I cant recommend a Silver or grey screen, dark cinema mode was already sufficiently bright in a pitch black room on a white screen. your experience may be negatively impacted and would require extended calibration to properly to get a similar result. You may also call the company's customer support on what they would recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Room is always really dark when using projector.

Though my walls are agreeable gray. Same with ceiling.

Would like a screen that is not overdoing it by being too good of screen for the projector but not a horrible low grade screen either.

P.S. I doubt I will get a reply here but no big deal. Either way a win win.
You can make at least a 2.4:1 frame for alignment or just leave the white wall and frame up each aspect ratio as desired. Most any white paint will serve as the screen "material." My brother and I have experimented over the years with various screens by putting a patch of material against the wall to see if it is any brighter, and it was not. Modern projectors are plenty bright enough to light up a white wall even with some room lights on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts