Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Both of you probably know this already, but it bears repeating... Just because something is on Blu Ray, doesn't mean it will have high-quality picture and sound. Sometimes the Blu Ray release is just a copy of the DVD. It pays to check out online reviews before buying!

While I'm here, might as well toss another into the ring for its undeniably high-quality performance:
John Mayer - Where the Light Is (Live in Los Angeles)
Yes, absolutely, I always read reviews for audio and video quality especially if it is going to be a double dip.

I am a big John Mayer fan and love that album, the audio and video quality are excellent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is my list, simply based on the fact that I keep going back to them time and again…

Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour-Live from Melbourne
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
Adele - Live at The Royal Albert Hall
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
Michael Jackson - This Is It

Thanks guys for the other inputs, I will definitely be looking into them.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Muse - H.A.A.R.P. - Live at Wembley Stadium 2007. I used to like Muse - saw this video and then I REALLY liked them! Great energy live.
I watched some of the Muse concert last night and thought I wouldn't mind having some of their music.
I caught a couple of their performances on the Palladia Channel. My all time favorite is "Supermassive Black Hole". I almost freaked when seeing front man Matt Bellamy's showmanship and psychedelic LED glasses! Most cool.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Okay, now I am super impressed. Just took delivery of a brand-spanking new copy of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd & Second Helping Live" on Blu Ray. Complete with HD Master audio track, this performance is simply amazing, IMHO. Both audio and video are top-notch, and synchronize well. What I mean to say is that some concert videos swap camera angles willy-nilly without regard for musical context. This concert has a nice visual flow that doesn't give you whiplash trying to follow the on-stage action. This review on Amazon says it better than I.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts