Tags
horror movie
6K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  leona.mccauley 
#1 ·
Hello Friends,

I am jack and I want to share my best horror movie.. Dead appealing

what is you best Horror movie ever?

#9 ·
I remember when I was young watching the original silent Nosferatu and being so terrified I couldn't move. Max Schreck as Dracula has to be one of the most ghoulish characters in cinema history. Not so scary now, but that guy still creeps me out.

As an adult I would have to say Alien is at the top.

#17 ·
I love horror movies!!

The movie that scared the sharts out of me when I was young was a movie called The Prophecy.

I remember my father was stationed in Germany and I was just a little turd back in 1981. I creeped out of bed, sitting stealth mode behind my pops chair and there was a scene when a bear/monster of some kind attacked a camp site and someone was stuck in their sleeping bag hopping around and that monster slap that person in that sleeping bag so hard that it wacked an object so hard that all that came out was feathers from the sleeping bag. Lol!!

Also another oldie n goodie was the 1st Nightmare on Elm Street.

#22 ·
I can see aliens, but exorcist was a bore. My dad introduced me to it as a youngster and I actually laughed at a few scenes. I think generation had a lot to do with it. As we progress and are exposed to new things, the older stuff is less effective. Does not mean it wasn't scary at the time.

Look at the good ol bates motel.

#23 ·
GoNoles said:
I can see aliens, but exorcist was a bore. My dad introduced me to it as a youngster and I actually laughed at a few scenes. I think generation had a lot to do with it. As we progress and are exposed to new things, the older stuff is less effective. Does not mean it wasn't scary at the time.

Look at the good ol bates motel.
I saw it as a kid back in the day when VCR's first came out & it scarred me for years!! No telling how much $$$ my parents paid out in inflated electric bills due to my sleeping with the lights on:)

#25 ·
I think this is a tough topic.
I agree with Aliens. Fabulous movie, but wouldn't it fall into sci-fi?
Are you looking for scary, or hack n' slash? For some reason The Ring scares the hell outta me. I can't watch it alone. Tail between my legs..... but not really a horror flick.
The first Saw blew my mind. Original idea. Thumbs up.
Most recent Friday the 13th. Thumbs up again. +1 to original Nightmare on Elm Street.

#27 ·
I'm surprised no one mentioned The Shining... Great flick, IMO, and really disturbing. Especially those twins! I'm also a big fan of the original Halloween.

More recently, I thought the Sixth Sense, Blair Witch Project, and Paranormal Activity were all solid films. I watched Paranormal Acivity one night while my family was away --- it gave me the creeps! I totally let that one into my head... Very hard to come upstairs from the HT into an empty house! ;-)

With any horror flick, it really depends in one's ability to let go of reality and succumb to the power of suggestion.

#28 ·
More recently, I thought the Sixth Sense, Blair Witch Project, and Paranormal Activity were all solid films.
Agreed! also, I'll add, Quarantine (both versions), the Grudge (both versions), The Omen (original). Although not "scary" per say, I really enjoyed 30 Days of Night. It's what a vampire movie should be like in my opinion...not glitter :nono:

#29 ·
yoda13 said:
Agreed! also, I'll add, Quarantine (both versions), the Grudge (both versions), The Omen (original). Although not "scary" per say, I really enjoyed 30 Days of Night. It's what a vampire movie should be like in my opinion...not glitter :nono:
Agreed. Just bought Quarantine last weekend....pretty good flick, but I LOVE 30 Days!!! My fave vampire flick by far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.