Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I thought the nanoAVR DL & HD could both accept 192Khz, but The literature seems to show the HD version actually samples at 48Khz and the DL version samples at 96KHz. Am I interpreting that correctly?
Kal, Am I correct that it is your opinion that the Mini DSP does not degrade the source input even though it adds a conversion to the process? If that is true, do you think EQ results equal to or better than the Emotiva's Dirac implementation with any processor? I am interested in the Marantz AV7702, because of ATMOS, but I do not want Audyssey XT32. What do you think the pro and cons of the Mini DSP nanoAVR DL relative to a built in application like Emotiva's?
nanoAVR HD (no Dirac) is 96kHz.
nanoAVR DL (Dirac) is 48kHz.
They both accept inputs up to 192kHz.

FWIW you won't be able to use the nanoAVR's (either version) with Atmos since the nanoAVR's doesn't do any decoding. Input to the nanoAVR must be LPCM so it eliminates being able to use it with Atmos content. Also I don't know for certain but I'd bet that there aren't really any end user differences between the Dirac Live in the XMC-1 and nanoAVR DL.

I agree is seems much more flexible. I know I could run my Oppo 93 through the Mini DSP, but I assume I could not use my AppleTV or DVR through it, right?
There's 2 inputs on the nanoAVR's and you would always get an HDMI switch and hook up as many inputs as you'd like to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts