Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an ONKYO TX-NR646 paired with Energy LCR and leftovers from my old Onkyo for the rears and surrounds. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for ceiling speakers for Atmos to replace my surrounds?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
So are you saying your replacing your surrounds with in ceiling speakers? Or just adding in ceiling speakers to make an Atmos setup?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So I have an ONKYO TX-NR646 paired with Energy LCR and leftovers from my old Onkyo for the rears and surrounds. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for ceiling speakers for Atmos to replace my surrounds?
Yeah rrseth Ive been installing ALOT of ELURA BLUE LABEL in ceilings made by Sonance and they are ver very good.. They also offer an LCR version with the 15 degree tilted driver if you want to ATMOS directional sound.....
Im in Plano if you want to hook up just PM me

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just adding ceiling speakers to make an Atmos set up...back speakers will stay, the side surrounds will be replaced with ceiling speakers

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Just adding ceiling speakers to make an Atmos set up...back speakers will stay, the side surrounds will be replaced with ceiling speakers
The side surround speakers are important for a truly immersive Atmos setup. I wouldn't recommend removing them.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The side surround speakers are important for a truly immersive Atmos setup. I wouldn't recommend removing them.

Absolutely. One of the reasons Atmos is effective is because of the height differential between side surround and ceiling speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts