Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well now i will have the Signature also , should get them tommorow or monday.

Now I just hope they did'nt screw up the tint and gave me the base 1

When such a small amount of tint is added , is it always Base 1 that is used ?

Thanks Harpmaker !!

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Well now i will have the Signature also , should get them tommorow or monday.

Now I just hope they did'nt screw up the tint and gave me the base 1

When such a small amount of tint is added , is it always Base 1 that is used ?

Thanks Harpmaker !!
Base 1 was the old Valspar, Base A is the new Valspar; they are basically the same so don't worry if you don't get Base 1 as it only means you are getting newer paint.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Do i need tp prime the Sintra before the Cream & Sugar ??
As Mech says, it never hurts to prime before painting; but my understanding is that unpainted Sintra doesn't absolutely need to be primed first. If is not primed it should be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol then let dry before painting.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Mech !

How Durable is the C&S U paint surface against finger marks ,....is it like Flat Ceiling Paint that can't be touched without leaving a finger print?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Hi Mech !

How Durable is the C&S U paint surface against finger marks ,....is it like Flat Ceiling Paint that can't be touched without leaving a finger print?

For question above ...U there Harpmaker ?
Yep, still here, but totally forgot to answer this. :gulp:

C&S™ Ultra is quite durable, but I would recommend wearing latex or nitrile gloves (or even clean cloth gloves) while hanging the screen just to be safe. Any finish can be marked by rough enough handling.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok great Harpmaker !

Iv'e been preparing my new HT room for the Projector setup and will be finally painting the C&S Ultra screen on my Sintra board next week !!!

I remember you mentioning somewhere the clean Sintra before painting, but im not sure if it was with Rubbing Alcohol , could you please remind me with what product to clean the Sintra before ??

Thanks again , i will post results !!

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Ok great Harpmaker !

Iv'e been preparing my new HT room for the Projector setup and will be finally painting the C&S Ultra screen on my Sintra board next week !!!

I remember you mentioning somewhere the clean Sintra before painting, but im not sure if it was with Rubbing Alcohol , could you please remind me with what product to clean the Sintra before ??

Thanks again , i will post results !!
Rubbing alcohol may work, but be SURE there is no oil or wintergreen fragrance in it - those work great for actually rubbing a person, but NOT for cleaning a screen before painting. For that reason I highly suggest getting a bottle of regular isopropyl alcohol which is rubbing alcohol without anything else in it. It comes in bottles of 70% and of 91%. For your use I don't think it matters much which one you get. Also be sure that whatever cloth you use to apply the alcohol is clean.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok so my Sintra has been painted with the C&S Ultra, Still hanging in garage , letting it cure for fews days.

Just curious to know if Plain white Sintra has ever been measured ? , and how it would compare to the C&S ??

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Finally got my screen installed with the C&S Ultra. Pictures taken in Natural Eco mode. Screen is 118.5 wide. Picture looks fantastic !

Thanks Mechman and Harpmaker for all your help !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm new here.
I couldn't resist picking up the paint recommended in this thread. Ended up buying a gallon of valspar signature flat white (A) with magenta 115 2.68 tint added. I bought 5 4oz tubes of silver paint to mix.
I have a new sprayit sp33000 lvlp sprayer to paint a nice flat layer. Unfortunately it came with only a 1.3mm needle. I have a 2.0 on order.
Anyone have any luck spraying this paint with a lvlp sprayer? if so, any luck with a 1.3mm needle?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts