Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first time I have posted in the mobile section. I am in the process of upgrading my GP. Currently running a Kenwood head unit, and having Polk db6501's and a 4X100 PPI Sedona amp installed next week. I am looking at different options to round out the sound. My preference would be an SDX10 powered by bridging 2 channels of my amp, putting 290 watts to the sub. I have the SDX15 in my HT and if the SDX10 is anything like it's big brother..... I am thinking a ported box. Here is where I need advice. Do I need to port the sub into the cabin? Is the sub being in the trunk enough to bring the low end to the cabin? I am past the stage of trying to blow my head off with the stereo. Just looking for a solid system, with the ability to pound on occasion when I feel the urge.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
You will be in for some trunk lid rattleing for sure. Either way you mount it should be fine, if you are going to completely isolate it from the trunk then yes port it into the cabin otherwise on most installs with subs in the trunk you get better bass with the subs fireing to the rear of the car due to lack of cancellation.:T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts