Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED TO NO WHICH PAINT TO USE FOR BEST USE AS MY PROJECTOR SCREEN EITHER Valspar Brand 1 Gallon White ColorStyle Interior Latex Satin Enamel Wall Paint OR Valspar trade Valspar trade Base A Satin Paint base 1L Plastic container I WANT THE VERY BEST PICTURE QUALITY RESULTS USING A BENQ 2150ST PROJECTOR IS THE BASE A PAINT SAME AS THE BASE 1 PAINT

OR CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY OTHER PAINT THAT WILL PRODUCE A PICTURE WITH THE SAME QUALITY AS THE Stewart Studiotek 100 PROJECTOR SCREEN

·
Registered
75 Posts
I NEED TO NO WHICH PAINT TO USE FOR BEST USE AS MY PROJECTOR SCREEN EITHER Valspar Brand 1 Gallon White ColorStyle Interior Latex Satin Enamel Wall Paint OR Valspar trade Valspar trade Base A Satin Paint base 1L Plastic container I WANT THE VERY BEST PICTURE QUALITY RESULTS USING A BENQ 2150ST PROJECTOR IS THE BASE A PAINT SAME AS THE BASE 1 PAINT

OR CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY OTHER PAINT THAT WILL PRODUCE A PICTURE WITH THE SAME QUALITY AS THE Stewart Studiotek 100 PROJECTOR SCREEN
I've painted two walls so far. The first I used Sherwin Williams Satin enamel in color "Unique Gray". The satin enamel was a mistake because you occassionally get glare. The second wall, I used Sherwin Williams Emerald Flat again with "Unique Gray". I am in love with this paint. It goes on ridiculously smooth without a whole lot of extra effort. The flat cuts off any glare from other light sources or the projector itself. I would say there are likely many other paints that you can use, but I definitely think you should use gray and not white. The gray seems to help rendering color. It also helps to add more distinction in extremely dark or bright scenes. White allows the gradation of black and white to get lost. You just need to make sure you get a dead neutral gray. Mine is a fairly light shade of gray, but my projector is also only 1000 lumens, so you could probably go much darker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I could find this paint shermin Williams emerald unique gray matt not the flat version do you think this will make much difference from the matt not flat version I will be painting a wall for use as a projector screen I will be using a benq 2150st projector mainly in a very dark room sometimes in a bright room will this give me the same picture as the paint you used

1 - 3 of 3 Posts