Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I was wondering what were some good recommendations for a sub plate amp in the 300w range. I would like to keep my budget under $200.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Is not having a variable phase going to hurt me trying to tune in the sub?

·
Registered
209 Posts
i just bought the bash 500w

i did notice that the parts express 500w was about $150 more.....

is the bash a decent amp or the price or should i have went with the parts express one? this one gave the rating in at .5 % THD and the bash was 1%

alright i havent looked into the mod....whats that all about? Ill be driving my Tempest X with it from my sono build about 6 months ago....

hijack off

guess i should start a new thread....have no clue what to do with the 5 degrees of boost.

·
Registered
209 Posts
got the amp, not all that impressed. I guess i was hoping for more. I guess i thought it would be a solid brick but it weighs only a couple pounds.

I thought it would be way better than the rockford 500w amp i was running off a battery. Its about the same. I was hoping that i was only getting some 300w out of it since it was running on 12v and not 14.4 like it would be in a running car.

This amp is bottoming out my tempest x (i think) at low freq. How do i know if its bottoming or port noise? The chopper scene on Transformers is the worst. I thought at first it was the rockford not giving enough power under demand, but now it does it with the bash as well. The bash says it eliminates clipping? So if thats the case the driver is bottoming?

The local radio station i listen to somehow bottoms it out on their constantly repeated commercial as well. Sucks cause i like it cranked up during the music.

Will this hurt the sub or do i always have to turn it down so the wife dont wreck it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably just straight up clipping your amps. What is the specs on your Tempest X enclosure?
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-sealed-ported/10405-redneck-sonosub-tempest-x.html

i know the box is too small and the port is at chuffing length but i pretty sure it aint chuffing is the sound im hearing. i do get a ponging sound if i go half way up the stairway to upstairs but it cant be heard in the theater. The ponging is heard at the ceiling height, not that anyone would stand half way up the stairs though.....

EDIT: ok im an idiot, will post back when i have real feet on the thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts