Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope the iNuke 12000dsp is released this year. It would be best for me if it was 6000 peak at 4 ohm and around 4000 music mrwv (music real world volts). I would like to power 2 big subs, one off each channel.

I am loving my 3000dsp after changing the fan. The DSP is very easy to use. I just want more power per channel! Even bridged is not enough...

Mine even with the new fan always blows cold air...

February for the 12000?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a bridged inuke 3000 now. As I understand it this is roughly one channel of the inuke 6000.

I hope the inuke 12000 puts out about 4000 real watts into a music load to power my ftw-21. I am not pushing modelled x-max till 3000+ watts and I may build a second some day. Plus e.q.ing in the sub frequencies eats up the power.

I have a dedicated 20 amp line for subs now. I may need to add a 30 amp 110v or even a 220v line.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One connection on sub. So I assume one 4 ohm VC.

Do subs ever have 2 VCS with only one external connection?

I won't have funds till next fall for more sub or amp anyway. Just interested in seeing the new inuke.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
One connection per coil so the FTW 21 would be SVC. The iNuke 12000 is 3400 watts per channel into 4 ohm which would be probably 2000 real watts. The specs show the iNuke 6000 and 12000 are not bridgeable so you need to consider a different amp if you are looking for more power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Mike,

I have read that there is some confusion on what the final inuke 12000 specs are. Have anyone heard that the specs have been finalized. I know that the graphics of the amp and published specs I have seen have not changed. I guess I am holding out hope as I really like the cool running inuke 3000 dsp I have now. The DSP is very easy to use.

See this post:

"Dear All,

Thanks for your interest in the iNuke amplifier series. I have to apologize for a typo on the marketing feature list of NU12000DSP.
NU12000 technically is based around 4 amplifier modules, two pairs of which are internally working in a bridge mode configuration, already.
Hence, there is no further option for bridging channels and the minimal load impedance is 4 Ohms, each. We will immediately fix the web featurelist to correctly state:
2 x 6000 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 3,000 Watts into 8 Ohms

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope that makes sense to you.

Regards,

Jan Duwe
Assistant Manager Conceptual Engineering
MUSIC-GROUP Services EU

Read more: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/37864-behringer-inuke-class-d-amps-nu1000-nu1000dsp-nu3000-nu3000dsp-nu6000-nu6000dsp-nu4-6000-a-7.html#ixzz2rG3kUH7Z

·
Registered
214 Posts
One connection per coil so the FTW 21 would be SVC. The iNuke 12000 is 3400 watts per channel into 4 ohm which would be probably 2000 real watts. The specs show the iNuke 6000 and 12000 are not bridgeable so you need to consider a different amp if you are looking for more power.
The Inuke 6000 was bench tested at 2000 watts per channel @ 4ohms. So the Inuke should be almost double that. Ive talked to company owner Uli Behringer directly in the Behringer Q and A thread and he stated it will be two inuke 6000's in one unit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone purchased a Inuke 12000 yet. I dont trust the dsp version which always seems to have bugs but the non dsp version is quite tempting. But I have only seen one review of the non dsp 12000 online. Seems like either nobody is buying these units or they are not bothering to come back and talk about their experiences with them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the inuke 12000 does not put out more power at 4 ohm, or not much more anyway over a 6000. Only has advertised ability of running at 2 ohm.

I wish there were more 2 channel options for more power in this price range.

Who has a short list of currently available high powered amps into 2 channels (non bridged). I can't find one one this site or on the Googles....

Maybe we should start one?

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
You might check Peavey’s IPR2 7500 or its higher-end cousin, the Crest Pro Lite 7.5 I’m sure Crown, QSC and others have similar offerings.

Carvin’s DCML series might be worth a look as well; their numbers might appear “lightweight,” but they rate their amps at RMS not peak - makes a difference. Their top-of-the-line 3800L can be bridged @ 4 ohms for 3800 watts, which might make it a more attractive option if you only need a single channel for a sub. None of the amps mentioned above can be bridged.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts