Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whitch speaker has the better tweeter the SVS or HSU ? I want to upgrade my JBL Northridge E60s and E20s. Would one of these speakers sound a lot better than the JBLs midrange and highs? Is it titainium laminate vs silk dome vs horn, or does it even matter?

Thanks jwhite8086

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
Hi there,

That's a tough call, and it'd be nearly impossible to say without having heard all of them (I've heard none of them). Even when considering the different types of tweeters, there can be a lot of variation within each type. That is, two silk domes might sound quite different from each other. I've heard metal domes sound really smooth, even though there's something in the back of my head that thinks they should be "harsh".

I like the design of the new SVS SCS-O1 (dual 5.25" in a D'Appolito array).

Are you set on SVS or HSU? Have you checked any of your local B&M stores to hear things live?

Good luck!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a low budget and need 6/7.1 setup thanks for you answers . Are there any other low cost great speakers out there ?

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
How much is your budget for the speakers and sub? Would you consider going with 5.1 for the time being? Of course, you wiil have the option to add another 1 or 2 in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts