Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am conversing with Behringer tech support in reference to the MIDI not working on newer units and they have asked me for some specifics.

I need a little help from some of you.

From your 1124P, I need the following:

Date Code: on back
Serial Number: on back
Version Number: fully power down the unit, press and hold the Filter Select button and power up

Then I need to know if MIDI works with your unit or not.

You may post the info here, PM or email me.

I really don't know if we'll get anywhere with this but we'll try it anyway. My unit works fine with MIDI and is an older model Version 1.0, but I'd like to see if we can get those with the newer units up and working.

Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sonnie,
Date code: 0602
Serial Number: N0600433124
Version Number: 1.3

MIDI does not work.

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
Hi Sonnie,

Quick question -- is the problem that MIDI doesn't work at all, or that you can't automatically "save" the changes to whatever preset.

I was never able to save the just-downloaded filters through MIDI on my original 1124 BFD. I also have an older one (not exactly sure of the date, but I can check later), and I don't have any problem saving to that one. However, I'm using a newer version of REW, one in which JohnM may have addressed this issue. I have not tried that newer version of REW with my newer BFD, so maybe I can "save" there as well.

Anyway, if this applies to me, I can get the info you need.

Thanks.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... if you have 1124's please let us know on both if you can.

The issue is that you cannot save the REW settings to the BFD via MIDI. Basically I consider that "MIDI not working"... so to speak. The latest version of REW hasn't fixed anything that I know of. As stated, my unit works fine... and that's using the latest version of REW on my laptop. However, when I attempted to load the settings from REW on my laptop to Wayne's new BFD, it would not save... the STORE button just flashes as best I can remember.

I'm assuming everyone is having the same problem... after sending the settings to the BFD the STORE button flashes and nothing is saved... even if you press the STORE button twice, it does not save anything. Is this the same for everyone or have I got it off a little?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Date Code 0504
Serial N0513116124
Version: V1.0

European 220/240V version.

Midi DOES work

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
Hi Sonnie,

BFD 1124 #1:
Date Code: 1204
Serial Num: L0417042124
Version: 1.0

BFD 1124 #2:
Date Code: 0801
Serial Num: G0114356124
Version: 1.0

MIDI works OK for both (even though I was sure (I mean sure) that I had a problem with #1 above at one point. I tested it again today, and both are OK for transfer and save of filters).

Thanks!!!

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
I was just ggetting ready to order a BFD. Is this something I should worry about?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't think it is. I believe that worst case you will have to plug in the filter numbers by hand, so you won't be able to take advantage of the MIDI feature between REW and the BFD. However, from the answers in this thread, you might ask the seller if they can see what "version" their BFD is. As Sonnie notes in the OP, you can determine this by holding down the Filter Select button as you power up the device. I presume this "version" is describing firmware. From the answers here, it seems like version 1.0 is good and 1.3 has some problems.

For the price, you can't beat these things, even if you have to enter the filters by hand. Also, if you weren't planning on using the MIDI, the it doesn't make any difference to you whatsoever. Go for it -- especially if you can find a 1.0 version.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I ordered the BFD today from Musician's Friend. I have been working with REW and have it basically set up, I was looking at a digital DRC program that would work with my Squeezebox but it just got too complicated so I am lookig forward to delving into the BFD. It is a little offputting to read all the posts re: hum. midi etc. but at least there is a froum to get you through any issues

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Julian, please add the version number of your unit (fully power down the unit, press and hold the Filter Select button and power up).

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys... that should do it. I have forwarded these to Behringer and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you need anymore, let me know. I didn't notice the post until this morning, but I have a newer unit and the MIDI certainly does not work. Anxious to find out what you hear from them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you need anymore, let me know. I didn't notice the post until this morning, but I have a newer unit and the MIDI certainly does not work. Anxious to find out what you hear from them.
Looks like you may have version 1.3.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm curious as to what 1.3 includes that 1.0 does not have? Obviously 1.3 brought in a MIDI bug. It would be nice to simply be able to load 1.0 and our problems be fixed.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Response from Behringer support:

Reference: Incident: 061005-000144

Thank you for writing back, Sonny - engineering indicates that they tested all versions, but found no significant changes related to MIDI operations. The only differences between all the revisions are to accomodate hardware changes but not related to the MIDI interface. Unfortunately, this puts us back to the drawing board as far as troubleshooting mode goes... I suggest a phone consultation at this point. You can reach us at 425.672.0816 xt 141 from M-F 8-5 PST. Looking forward to hearing from you.
We need someone who is willing to connect up the non-working version of the MIDI and call them at the above number and see if we can figure out the problem.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts