Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have serious thumps from my speakers and both IB and SVS subs if I turn on the BFD late or switch it off first. Even at zero volume on the preamp.

I had to print an "order of doing things" in large block text so my wife could turn the whole system on and off in the correct sequence without these very loud thumps.
(she can never find her reading glasses and my warnings put her right off listening to music while I was at work)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Why not simply leave the BFD turned on. It draws about the same current as a night lite.

brucek
In the USA that might actually make sense but you don't pay green taxes on energy like we do in Denmark. :dollarsign: I switch everything off when not actually in use because I am a lifetime conservationist. (treehugger if you will ;)) I would like to leave a habitable planet to our grandchildren if at all possible. So I'm doing my bit by planting hundreds of trees, digging ponds for wildlife, cycling and recycling as much as possible to have the least negative impact on the planet we only borrow for our allotted time on this earth. :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
brucek

You make some very good points. Plenty of food for thought there.

I had imagined the BFD used rather more juice than that, but hadn't checked.

It just looks like a serious gas guzzler with all those lights.

It (and the CX2310) were christened "The UFOs" from day one. :)

Thanks again

Chrisbee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts