Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Big Fun 3 is a trio from South Florida that plays improvised music inspired by the early electric sounds of Miles Davis and Tony Williams Lifetime. We record on the Ropeadope label out of Philly and play in and out of the USA.

I joined this esteemed organization because I would like to get to know more about evaluating room acoustics and tailoring sounds to create better audio experiences for our clients and ourownbadselves. I confess that I am TV-free, but do enjoy film and audio and have an interest in creating a better environment in my home for screening film and auditioning recordings. In a previous life, I was a music critic (journalist) and radio DJ. That background continues to influence my interaction with sound and appreciation thereof.

Thank you for your help and I hope I may reciprocate in some way.

BF3 (Rik)

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I appreciate the warm welcome.

I noticed that the metatags for "Miles Davis" and Tony Williams" with Amazon links appeared after I posted, possibly due to the "automatic parsing" built into the software for this forum. If it is appropriate (I leave it to the mods/admin to so declare) I can insert the Amazon link for our latest CD. I do not wish to shill, merely to let folks know where I/we are coming from. The CD is available to preview in its entirety free at one site...so no $$$ will necessarily floweth in this hereth directioneth.

Peace, BF3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Just like the old days when neighbors would come by to visit ad stuff. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am slowly absorbing what I can from here and hope to have something useful to offer in exchange when I get acculturated.

BF3

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, and welcome to HTS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts