Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Microsoft is releasing its new search engine called Bing.com on June 3rd next week.

They call it a decision engine to try and distance themselves from standard search engines that simply list urls.

I went to the Bing site and they have an interesting preview video of the new offering. Who knows how well it will work, but I'll certainly give it a whirl when it comes on-line.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see they've opened it early, so I tried it out.

Not bad at all..............

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing I like about this Bing search is the way the material is organized and the quick preview to the right of each url entry to get more information without actually clicking to the url.

Actually, what really caught my eye was the Maps section. When you go to it, you can select the typical aerial satellite view that Google offers, but you can also click the Birds Eye view and it's quite amazing how clear the photographic view of your house is - and you can swing around all sides. I don't know how they got those pictures so clear of my property.

brucek

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Actually, what really caught my eye was the Maps section. When you go to it, you can select the typical aerial satellite view that Google offers, but you can also click the Birds Eye view and it's quite amazing how clear the photographic view of your house is - and you can swing around all sides. I don't know how they got those pictures so clear of my property.
brucek
It really is amazing the amount of info it provides. I hope our local burglar doesn't have a PC. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts