Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are going to be my new towers. Sorry for little build pics I don't have resources to build these perfect. So I had to use some unorthodox way of doing so. Hand cutting everything pretty much. But It will all be sealed good and I have bracing in the towers. I'm pretty much doing a High Gloss Black like my subwoofer coffee table. Then Going to add some Brass strips on the sides. I'm going to polish them up real nice n shiny... Woofer's, Tweeter's, and Crossover's come from a Definitive Technology BP6. I still don't know enough to do my own crossover n such so I went this route. Got a deal on the internals.

In this picture is a small part of the brass I polished.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I recommend you round over the edges of the front and rear baffles and flush mount those drivers. How close is the internal volume of these enclosures to the original Def Tech design?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
got the tower's finished and working on the top and bottoms. going to do them Piano Gloss Black and put These Gold feet underneath. Ordered the grills they should arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sanded and touched up the corners and laid out for the bottom cutout and gold spikes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice job. I like the clean look of the grill cloth being wrapped around the tower. How do they sound? Hopefully as good as they look.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am very impressed on how they sound. they go all the way down to 30hz. They get pretty deep for each tower only having two 5 1/4" woofers. and the high's sound crisp. I think it was a good investment. Way better than my ENERGY Take 2 surrounds and center. I also bought a Definitive technology Pro Center 100. and that helped improve the imaging. Just need to get a decent receiver now. the one I have sux.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings!

Is the cloth a sock that slides down into place, or is it on some sort of frame the attaches to the back? Very sharp approach!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a sock that you tie down on both ends to stretch the material I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. Thanks for the complements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts