Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Friday Clearance Sale on Chane (Originally Chase) speakers and subwoofers

46K views 157 replies 31 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! As promised, here are our Black Friday / Clearance items:

M1 MTM Loudspeaker:

The M1 was designed to be our affordable, $175 music and theater monitor. They are nothing short of astonishing loudspeakers selling for a minimal price. Each speaker stands about 19 inches tall x 6.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep.
"
We have had customers compare them to far more expensive speakers, and have always "held our own".

You can find some information here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chane-home-theater-loudspeakers/M1

We have 160 in stock, ready to deliver at $100 EACH (plus shipping)

The biggest problem will be wondering how much speaker one can get for $100. :)

SBE-118 Subwoofer

Our very own Jman reviewed the SBE-118 here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/forum/showthread.php?47809-Chane-SBE-118-Subwoofer-Review

And Peter Loeser, Home Theater Shack Staff member, penned his review here (includes the three Theater 10's): http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...073-chane-3-2-home-theater-system-review.html

The SBE stands for sealed bass engine, and the idea behind this subwoofer is to allow one to configure it in any way one wants - from a single unit with a Dayton SA-230 amp to a Quad pack with our very own MQ-600 amplifier.

Here is some pricing:

SBE-118 passive units: $400 each plus shipping (duals are suggested when possible)

Dayton SA-230 amp: $195 - will turn a single SBE-118 into a powered sub at $595 plus shipping. There is nothing on the market that will deliver this much clean bass for this type of $$$$.

Dayton SA-1000 amp: $375 - will turn a pair of SBE-118's into an $1175 package that will ROCK any theater room. This is the same package Peter tested.

MQ-600 amp: $450. This amp normally sells for $600 - Black Friday pricing is $450. Add a quad pack of SBE-118's and you will NEVER look back in terms of quality bass - for $2050, this system just plain ROCKS.

We have 65 SBE-118's at this price and 100 MQ-600's. The MQ-600 also makes for an incredible high end basic power amplifier. Three of these in your system at $1350 plus shipping will give you 5 channels of incredible power with a channel left over to drive a PAIR of SBE-118's. The MQ-600 also plays nice with any of the excellent DIY drivers - Stereo Integrity, TC- Sounds, Mach 5 - you name it. This amp is a beauty!

All Sales must be paid for via PayPal @ chasefin@verizon.net

I am available during normal business hours, eastern time zone, Monday to Friday with questions @ 800-664-9485. Feel free to email questions, or PM me here.

We are set up to take all Paypal approved credit cards - we pay all fees.

We also can take checks / money orders.

See less See more
#2 ·
Guys - here are some specs on the MQ-600:

•Two channels
•Individual front panel adjustable level controls
•Signal, protection, active, and clip/limiting LED indicators
•Adjustable lowpass and highpass crossovers
•Manual, auto, or triggered on/off modes
•Stereo set of heavy five-way speaker binding posts
•Stereo set of Speakon locking speaker terminals
•High current linear power supply
•High current Class AB output stage
•Heavy-duty steel chassis, rack-mountable or tabletop use
•Variable fan cooled

•Power per channel (2 channel) - Watts: 600 into 8 Ohms; 900 into 4 Ohms; 1100 into 2 Ohms
•Power, peak headroom: 3 dB (double the rated RMS)
•S/N ratio: 105 dB
•Slew rate: 80v/us
•Damping factor: 500:1
•Input impedance: 10K or 20k Ohms, balanced or unbalanced
•Power requirements: 120/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
•Dimensions: 19" W x 3-1/2" H x 19-5/16" D
•Dimensions: 438mm W x 92mm H x 352mm D
•Weight: 50.5 lbs.

The MQ-600 is also bridgeable into mono, where it will deliver 1800 watts RMS into 8 ohms and 2200 watts RMS into 4 ohms.

This is not an inflated spec that we are used to seeing. The wattage specified is quite conservative.

And the weight at 50.5 pounds is NOT a typo. This amp is a BEAST. :boxer:

#5 ·
Ucftechguru ... Thanks for the email. Looking forward to getting your quad pack into your hands next week!

To answer the question ... one can easily stack the SBE-118. I have seen as many as 4 stacked.

We are now at 56 SBE-118's remaining!

#6 ·
Craig, thanks for all of your excellent customer service! I can't wait to get these bad boys. I've owned SVS subwoofers, definitive technology, Earthquake supernova and even two of these bests them from the tests that I have read online. Can't wait to hear what 4 do. For the price, I don't know why anyone would buy anything else.

#7 ·
I think you will be pleased with your purchase, I bought the quad pack and amp last year. I stacked 2 of them and the other 2 were separated. I only listen to music in this area and they pound. The MQ-600 is a warrior amp, it sounds fantastic at crazy levels. The subs are tight and musical, this system is visceral. I have a lot of other ID subs in my house and dollar for dollar the Chase products are the best value by far, Craig is great guy to talk to and you know he will take care of you if a problem occurs. If I can work things I'm ordering another quad system tomorrow. Have fun with your subs.

#8 ·
Guys - I have dubbed the M-1's as the "best speaker no one has ever heard". This brings the "chicken and egg" concept into mind. Guys want reviews to read before buying speakers - so here are some brief comments from some pretty knowledgeable audiophiles ... including professional reviewers:

Carlo (Fatcat), who is now a writer for Secrets of Home Theater wrote the following:

Who would have thought these guys make dynamite computer speakers but here's a picture of my M-1s flanking my dual monitors and crossed to a hot rodded UFW-12.

All this controlled and driven by a....GIZMO! And it sounds just plain awesome! The Giz is being fed by an external sound card (Musiland Monitor 2) and I'm using J. River Media Center with ASIO direct drivers as my media player.

I've tried a bunch of different speaker/sub combinations at my workstation and they either didn't mesh well, were too hard to drive at a good volume for the Gizmo, etc, etc. This combo sounds great, the sub to sat blend is good and the the little Giz runs it plenty loud and clean without breaking a sweat.

The M-1s are just clear and dynamic as all get out. Makes me very happy sitting here plugging away on Photoshop every day! Now some might think this is somewhat overkill for a computer setup but I figure since I couldn't quite jam my SS18.2 under the desk ....
Tesseract (a Home Theater Shack reviewer) summed up the M-1's as follows:

I remember the M-1's, they were at my house for a bit. Reminiscent of the B&W 600 series sound, but capable of playing louder without strain.
Bonebad from the original Chase Forum had a nice write up about 5 M-1's with an SS-18.1:

Some of you may know I bought some speakers for my brothers new theater(Soon to be completed.) After emailing back and forth to Craig I decided on 5 M1's and 2 SS18.1's along with the Mq600.

We received the order after around a week and everything was in good condition.

I set up 3 M1's and the subs in my house to break them in while we are finishing my brothers basement.

My brother knows absolutely nothing about speakers or anything about noise in general. So he left it all in my hands.

I had my brother over to listen to music and these do not dissapoint. He normally wont listen to loud music so I was suprised when he didn't complain about the noise level. We rocked out. My music collection includes everything country, rap, christian, rock. I just like music. The speakers sound good. The vocals were clear I can hear all the different instruments being played and we played the entire Zach Brown cd. Just awesome.

The M1's keep up with the SS18.1s just fine in all aspects. That really suprised me. I have Polk r400 towers now and the M1's sounded similiar to the polks IMO.
I am sensitive to highs and I am happy to report that I didn't have any issues with the M1's as far as fatiguing my poor sensitive ears.

We watched Jack Reacher a few nights ago and I was just floored at how well the gunshots sounded in the movie. The M1's blended very well with the Polk inwalls that I have. I am not sure if it because the speakers are neutral or if audyssey is that awesome. I may get one more movie in before we have to move them out for an 8 years old birthday party. So I am thinking Star Trek.
The dialog was good. I usually have a hard time understanding some of the words in movies but I had none of those issues with the M1's.

Overall the M1's are amazing for the price. What can I say about the 18.1's that hasn't been said already. They really thump. I have a pair of MFW15's and the SS's sound SO much cleaner, tight and just better. The SS's remind me of my car audio days and that made me happy happy happy.

I was thinking of building Seos but I am very concerned about the highs hurting my ears but now I may just replace my center channel with an M1 and call it good.

Craig really put together a great speaker here with the M1 I wouldn't hesitate to have them in my house or to recommend them to a friend or family.

#9 ·
An update to this thread ... We have sold just over half of the SBE-118's, and had enough drivers in stock to build another 30 ... so we currently have 61 SBE-118's in stock.

We also still have 140 M-1's and plenty of amplifiers, too.

ALL pricing will be in effect on ALL the products listed in the first post until we are sold out!

SO ....

SBE-118's are priced at $400 each while supplies last

M-1's are priced at $100 each while supplies last

MQ-600 (AKA model 3600)'s are priced at $450 each while supplies last!!

#10 ·
Gents ... Here are some pics of the M-1 monitors. The dimensions are appx. 20x6x6 inches. The woofers are 5.25 inch long throw woofers, fiber reinforced with phase plugs. The soft dome tweeter has a small waveguide, and overall, they are a very good loudspeaker.

5 of these guys with a decent subwoofer will fill even large rooms nicely.

#12 ·
Gents ... Here are some pics of the M-1 monitors. The dimensions are appx. 20x6x6 inches. The woofers are 5.25 inch long throw woofers, fiber reinforced with phase plugs. The soft dome tweeter has a small waveguide, and overall, they are a very good loudspeaker.

5 of these guys with a decent subwoofer will fill even large rooms nicely.
The M-1 monitors seem to be missing from the website?
http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chane-home-theater-loudspeakers/M1

#11 ·
Hello Everyone,
I ordered 4 SBE-118's and a MQ-600 to go with my existing SS-18.2's and my MQ-600 amp! I've moved around some furniture, have another 20Amp wall outlet, 12/2 wired, 20Amp dedicated circuit breaker ready for the new MQ-600 and the 4 new subs. I'm looking forward to the Eight 18's tight (and loud) bass!
Coming from 3 ported subs, I've come to appreciate the Sealed Sound. I don't think I would have been disappointed with 4 VS-18.1's but glad I went with the sealed. I agree with MKTheater that sealed can be as loud and as impactful as ported, you just have to add more subs..., And they go lower. :)
I'm also blessed in that my wife would let me put 20 subs in here if that is what I wanted but I have to say; even though my existing subs have a big wow factor with my friends, they do take up some real estate!
I currently have 11.2 and am toying with adding some ceiling speakers for Atmos but am going to wait awhile to see how the format shakes out.

I've spoken with Craig on two occasions in the last couple of weeks and and am impressed with him just like I was a year or so ago when I ordered my original SS-18.2's. I know he may not be popular in some forums but I appreciate people that honestly voice their opinions Knowing they will be vilified by some. I do wish we lived closer together, I would love for him to hear my system when I get my new subs hooked up. I think he would be a fun guy to just hang out with.
I also hope Craig is able to stay in the A/V business for a long time to come. I know this is more of a Hobby/Side Business to him than anything else but companies that offer True Value products and/or services, with the corresponding low profit margins, are difficult to sustain...

Sorry for the ramble but just wanted to share my excitement!

I'll let you all know my impressions in a few weeks when the system is up and "complete" (for now). :D
Blessings Everyone and Happy New Year, Brian

#16 ·
Hello Everyone,
I ordered 4 SBE-118's and a MQ-600 to go with my existing SS-18.2's and my MQ-600 amp! I've moved around some furniture, have another 20Amp wall outlet, 12/2 wired, 20Amp dedicated circuit breaker ready for the new MQ-600 and the 4 new subs. I'm looking forward to the Eight 18's tight (and loud) bass!
Coming from 3 ported subs, I've come to appreciate the Sealed Sound. I don't think I would have been disappointed with 4 VS-18.1's but glad I went with the sealed. I agree with MKTheater that sealed can be as loud and as impactful as ported, you just have to add more subs..., And they go lower. :)
I'm also blessed in that my wife would let me put 20 subs in here if that is what I wanted but I have to say; even though my existing subs have a big wow factor with my friends, they do take up some real estate!
I currently have 11.2 and am toying with adding some ceiling speakers for Atmos but am going to wait awhile to see how the format shakes out.

I've spoken with Craig on two occasions in the last couple of weeks and and am impressed with him just like I was a year or so ago when I ordered my original SS-18.2's. I know he may not be popular in some forums but I appreciate people that honestly voice their opinions Knowing they will be vilified by some. I do wish we lived closer together, I would love for him to hear my system when I get my new subs hooked up. I think he would be a fun guy to just hang out with.
I also hope Craig is able to stay in the A/V business for a long time to come. I know this is more of a Hobby/Side Business to him than anything else but companies that offer True Value products and/or services, with the corresponding low profit margins, are difficult to sustain...

Sorry for the ramble but just wanted to share my excitement!

I'll let you all know my impressions in a few weeks when the system is up and "complete" (for now). :D
Blessings Everyone and Happy New Year, Brian
[Emphasis added above] Brian, you've doubled up on me twice now with the 8-18's, even though this is a spectacular deal, I don't think I can keep up! You have a huge amount of amp power in that room, and even after some smoking (I still can't believe that happened :nono:), you love to improve and expand. Kudos to you - you've become my new HT/music listening hero, can't wait to hear you future listening impressions. Just keep protecting your ears, and keep the music marathons to a limited volume max - except for the bass! :clap:

My visit with him was extremely fun and informative, it would've been even more epic if he had your Chase designed subwoofer system!

#19 ·
I'm just going to reiterate what I've said before on the M-1s. They are a gem of a little speaker. They may look like a straightforward black box but they sound so much better than they have any right to at their price level. A matched 5 or 7 channel setup of M-1s sounds just stupid good and takes up a minimal footprint.
Hope everything gets sorted out with the site.
Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should pick up an MQ-600. Hmmmmmm.....

Best.....Carlo.

#21 ·
Hello Everyone,
Craig told me that they were not pleased with the way my subs looked so they put
an "extra coat" on them.
They are shipping all four subs and the MQ-600 on Thursday so I should receive them on Mon/Tues.
I'm looking forward to Da Boom!

sbdman; I'll let you know how it sounds "doubling up".
Thank You (as well as several others) for your invaluable advice in my subwoofer/amp decisions.

Blessings,
Brian

:T

#24 ·
Tonto - I did have the conversation with one of the "powers" of Home Theater Shack today, and we discussed this unusual idea. It was well received, and we are going to discuss it further to firm up the details.

It may take another day or two to put it all together, but for now, it will be something done exclusively for Home Theater Shack members.

#31 ·
This "unusual" word has me in suspense. Between all the Chane deleted and mangled threads with missing product pages, makes me sad to see what was a great blend, disappear - Chane Music and Cinema. The next generation A5rx-c WILL be a huge success (+1, Tonto!), but still needs a great sub for the best HT experience.

But I'm happy to see Craig still offering several great quality/value products that I'd love to buy. The 18" Eminence driver he's been using in the SBE-18 is being repeated by an up and coming, fast selling sub manufacture's top end model, but, you can only get the passive version here, for $400, then just choose which amp to drive it with. I bought his Eminence drivers (4) he sold previously with an iNuke 6000dsp, and like Glock above, can attest the bass is unreal! Now, Glock is going for the single digit Hz to totally shake and break his home.

I also have (2) M-1's for rears, and they have overall a very enjoyable and smooth full range response. You can't buy more speaker than this for less.

Now... where did those Theater-10s go???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.