Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Friday Clearance Sale on Chane (Originally Chase) speakers and subwoofers

46K views 157 replies 31 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! As promised, here are our Black Friday / Clearance items:

M1 MTM Loudspeaker:

The M1 was designed to be our affordable, $175 music and theater monitor. They are nothing short of astonishing loudspeakers selling for a minimal price. Each speaker stands about 19 inches tall x 6.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep.
"
We have had customers compare them to far more expensive speakers, and have always "held our own".

You can find some information here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chane-home-theater-loudspeakers/M1

We have 160 in stock, ready to deliver at $100 EACH (plus shipping)

The biggest problem will be wondering how much speaker one can get for $100. :)

SBE-118 Subwoofer

Our very own Jman reviewed the SBE-118 here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/forum/showthread.php?47809-Chane-SBE-118-Subwoofer-Review

And Peter Loeser, Home Theater Shack Staff member, penned his review here (includes the three Theater 10's): http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...073-chane-3-2-home-theater-system-review.html

The SBE stands for sealed bass engine, and the idea behind this subwoofer is to allow one to configure it in any way one wants - from a single unit with a Dayton SA-230 amp to a Quad pack with our very own MQ-600 amplifier.

Here is some pricing:

SBE-118 passive units: $400 each plus shipping (duals are suggested when possible)

Dayton SA-230 amp: $195 - will turn a single SBE-118 into a powered sub at $595 plus shipping. There is nothing on the market that will deliver this much clean bass for this type of $$$$.

Dayton SA-1000 amp: $375 - will turn a pair of SBE-118's into an $1175 package that will ROCK any theater room. This is the same package Peter tested.

MQ-600 amp: $450. This amp normally sells for $600 - Black Friday pricing is $450. Add a quad pack of SBE-118's and you will NEVER look back in terms of quality bass - for $2050, this system just plain ROCKS.

We have 65 SBE-118's at this price and 100 MQ-600's. The MQ-600 also makes for an incredible high end basic power amplifier. Three of these in your system at $1350 plus shipping will give you 5 channels of incredible power with a channel left over to drive a PAIR of SBE-118's. The MQ-600 also plays nice with any of the excellent DIY drivers - Stereo Integrity, TC- Sounds, Mach 5 - you name it. This amp is a beauty!

All Sales must be paid for via PayPal @ chasefin@verizon.net

I am available during normal business hours, eastern time zone, Monday to Friday with questions @ 800-664-9485. Feel free to email questions, or PM me here.

We are set up to take all Paypal approved credit cards - we pay all fees.

We also can take checks / money orders.

See less See more
#34 ·
Bruce - I am sorry - Our secretary did forward a message with your phone number in it, and I misplaced it. I will be in the office Monday morning if you can call again.

And for anyone - Until I get the go ahead to post here, I cannot put the information up.

But anyone who calls me at 800-664-9485 will get the info directly starting Monday morning.

For a hint, we will be offering 30 M-1 systems as 5.0 (150 speakers total) and 6 Theater Ten systems as 5.0 (30 speakers total) in an in home trial unlike any that's ever been done. It will be the ultimate in low risk purchases.

I should also announce now that I am no longer part of Chane Music and Cinema. I will be "re-booting" Chase, and all the specials will be on Chase only products - M-1 speakers, Theater-10's, SBE-118 subwoofers, some of our original series SS-18.1, SS-18.2 and VS-18.1's ...

#35 · (Edited)
Great News Craig! Will you also be able to transfer the forum threads from Chane back to Chase?

I'm anxiously awaiting my new subs and amp! I just sold my last remaining
vented sub today (an old Def Tec PF15TL that I bought ages ago).
Can't wait to hear 8 sealed 18" drivers! I've been collecting some additional movies that
have great LFE and ready to Shake The House!
Thanks for the encouragement SBDman!

Blessings,Brian

P.S. I personally think the SS.18.2 is one of the meanest looking (and Great Sounding)
subs ever but with it's dual 18's it is a heavy beast. I Love Mine!...

#36 ·
Great News Craig! Will you also be able to transfer the forum threads from Chane back to Chase?

I'm anxiously awaiting my new subs and amp! I just sold my last remaining
vented sub today (an old Def Tec PF15TL that I bought ages ago).
Can't wait to hear 8 sealed 18" drivers! I've been collecting some additional movies that
have great LFE and ready to Shake The House!
Thanks for the encouragement SBDman!

Blessings,Brian

#37 ·
Brian - I don't think the old "Chase" forum will be back. Discussions will be had with HTS, and we may possibly have a forum here in the near future. We may even bring in my financial services company - we have a lot of great dealers (auto) with whom I can help forum members get excellent deals on vehicles.

There is a lot of detail to get worked out - as you know, waiting for your subwoofers that should have shipped on Thursday. I am still waiting confirmation on this for you. :hsd:

#39 ·
Hey sbdman!,
I just listened to Haddaway's "What Is Love" cranked up pretty loud (according to Rat Shack meter, 110-111dB,
appx 6' off the floor in the middle of my 15' x 25' entertainment room).
That may not be as loud as some of your systems but it is loud to me! It is so Clean sounding that I have to
watch myself and not listen to it loud for extended periods of time. One time last year my left ear rang for several
weeks. I was sitting too close to one of my side surrounds. lol.
After awhile this morning I had to turn it down a bit. My XPA-1 and XPA-2 (these power my center and mains) LED's were really dancing.
No red showing but pretty close!
I also smelled a little electronic smoke (pushing a little too much wattage through my crossovers again.
May have to replace a few board capacitors again soon. lol).

When using the Audyssey XT32 calibration recommendation, I think it really limits my subs by instructing me to turn down the gain on my MQ-600
(I usually prefer to run them a little hotter) but they still sound Great!
I can't wait for my new subs to arrive but my system sounds Oh So Good already. I makes me smile ear to ear.
Nothing like 11 speakers, 2 x SS18.2's, Multi Channel Music Mode, and a few thousand watts to brighten up a Saturday morning!

Blessings,Brian :bigsmile:

P.S. Did I mention I LOVE MY SS18.2's!!!

#41 ·
Bruce - I managed to pull some information off the forum before it disappeared, and posted it here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...ly-chase-speakers-subwoofers.html#post1002177

You will see three mini reviews - including a one liner from Tesseract (a Home Theater Shack reviewer) when he compared the M-1's to some B&W's.

If we can get some phone time Monday (my apologies again), I will explain the ultimate in home trial to you, and also give you some ideas about the M-1's vs. Theater 10's.

This "in home trial" is going to truly be my putting my "money where my mouth is" for 30 M-1 and 6 Theater-10 potential purchasers.

#42 ·
Brian, I just got that visualization of you and me head nodding aka A Night at the Roxburry (car scene)! :rofl:

Yes, to make Audyssey happy and make sure the receiver gain isn't set too low to drive the amp you do have to lower your amp gain to get a proper measurement. Then crank the amp back up 3-6dB to your liking after setup and let the fun begin.

And as to smelling smoke - I hope that's just the capacitors and nothing more.

#44 ·
I literally laughed out loud thinking about that movie scene! I used to dance back in the 70's/80's (Saturday Night
Fever era). I think I may have one of my old sequened dancing suits around here somewhere. Lol!

Thanks for the advice on cranking the amp back up. I think I may have them set a little low at the moment.

Question; I have some 1/4" thick solid rubber mats I cut specifically for placing my new subs on. I sometimes have issues with stuff vibrating around when listening to bass heavy material. I'm placing one sub on each side in the rear portion of my room and stacking 2 of them next to the actual rear wall of the room (I also have a rubber mat to place between the stacked subs). Do you think this will affect LFE at all? I will place them directly on the floor (hard service) and will deal with them moving around a little if it negatively affects the subs performance. What do you guys think?

Thanks,Brian

#45 ·
The rubber mats would be beneficial for reducing any coupling effects, and sound like an excellent idea. Subdude and Auralex provide products specifically to provide this.

That being said, I'm sure the build quality of the SBE's are robust enough that the need would be minimal, and anything that keeps them from shifting with another stiff mounting surface will help.

#49 ·
I ended up purchasing 6 M1s today. I think the Theater10's would have been great in my old theater with an AT screen and false wall. Based on my discussion with Craig, they sounded like terrific speakers but are not pretty to look at. My current project will have these speakers visible so the M1s sounded like a better option.

I'm excited to try the M1s. I like the concept of all 6 speakers (I'm doing a 6.1 setup) being identical.

#48 ·
I'm interested in sampling the speakers. I'm currently using NHT Superzero's matched to a Krell showcase 7 amp. Sound is great but the 100-250 range lacks a tad. My Krell does push them and the low end is VERY surprising for these speakers filling a 3,000 cu-ft room. Currently just using a 2 channel setup but I'm building speaker stands thsi week and will move to the 5 channel.

I'm certain that dual 5.25 long throw woofers will push more low end then a single 4.5" lol.

#51 ·
Here is the first ultimate in home trial: The M-1's

Guys - As I type this, we have 144 brand new, in the box, M-1 speakers. I think anyone purchasing these for $100 plus flat rate shipping will be very happy with them.

SO .. Here is the offer on all remaining stock of M-1's. Cost per speaker is $100 plus $20 flat rate shipping.

You can order a pair of the speakers for the price of shipping.

One pair is $40 "up front".

Two pairs will be $80 "up front"

A 5.0 system will be $100, a 6.0 system $120 and a 7.0 system $140.

All 5, 6 and 7 channel systems will be shipped via truck - it's just safer this way.

You get 30 full days to listen to the M-1's in your system. If you like them, and think the $100 per speaker is a fair price, then you finish paying for them at that time.

If you think they are terrible, and that they don't deserve the $100 per speaker, you will owe nothing more. You can keep the speakers, with no additional moneys owed.

Of course, there are "some rules" for this. Here are the rules:

1. You must post in this thread that you ordered the speakers.
2. You must have at least 10 posts on Home Theater Shack.
3. You must post your results after you have auditioned the speakers.

I am doing this because I have found in 14 years of "on line audio" that over 99 % of the people one "meets" in the forum world are really nice, friendly honest people. I trust you. I am asking you to trust me when you buy our products - and let's face it, the normal "in home trial" does not do much.

I own all 144 remaining speakers, having paid for them up front. I think this is a pretty cool way to get some fun back into this hobby we all love.

Look for more stuff like this in regards to the Theater 10's, which should arrive in our Pennsylvania warehouse next week.

#57 ·
We are clearing the current stock of 54 remaining SBE-118's at $400 each. These are a passive sub, but a single unit can be driven quite nicely with the $199 Dayton SA-230.

Five M-1's and this subwoofer package would make for one killer system.

#65 ·
I received my 6 M-1s yesterday, got them set up and been listening to them all morning. Here's my initial thoughts:

- I do not like the shipping method, on a pallet with a carrier. Took a full week to arrive. They were totally unharmed (good) but was slow and required someone to be home to receive them. Was hard for delivery person to maneuver (semi truck) in my neighborhood and he wasn't thrilled with helping my wife move them from the street to the house (maybe he just wanted a bigger tip).

- Speakers are very nice looking. Nice clean lines, nothing calls attention to them. Speakers are all black with black grills. There are no logos or identifying marks anywhere.

- Grills are pin/hole mounted. No issues, but felt like care needed when taking them on/off to not bend/break the pins.

- Drivers are impressive looking (with the grills off). Kevlar reinforced woofers, dome tweeter.

- Connections on back are easy. I use banana jacks - no issues. Push in the cap, slide in jack, release cap and it locks in. Recessed location.

- Speakers are neither light, nor heavy but feel substantial and solid. My Emotiva bookshelves are heavier, but these feel about the same as my Martin Logan bookshelves.

- Back of speaker could easily accommodate an external keyhole mount and put these on the wall

- I have front 2 speakers connected to Emotiva USP-1 and UPA-5 Amp, with M&K sub (don't remember model - dual 8" if I remember correct), and placed on wooden speaker stands about 20" from back wall and 12" from side walls. (I also use an Outlaw 975 for theater processing, but 2 channel bypasses the Outlaw)

- Initial thoughts are that they are a bit "bright". However, already this morning they have softened up some (or I'm getting used to the sound). I expect they will continue to improve as they are used and broken in. I may need to rotate them around the room to make sure they all get broken in.

- Sound is nice and clear, dynamic, and efficient (they are louder than my other speakers at the same volume setting). Excellent imaging. I listened to a wide variety of music with them and already appreciate them. I do not have any experience reviewing speakers - but they sound good to me. I'll focus on this more once I feel I have them properly broken in.

- Easily blended with my subwoofer, only very minor adjustment needed.

As noted, I expect these will continue to improve as I use them and am looking forward to cranking up a good movie with them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.