Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Friday Clearance Sale on Chane (Originally Chase) speakers and subwoofers

46K views 157 replies 31 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! As promised, here are our Black Friday / Clearance items:

M1 MTM Loudspeaker:

The M1 was designed to be our affordable, $175 music and theater monitor. They are nothing short of astonishing loudspeakers selling for a minimal price. Each speaker stands about 19 inches tall x 6.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep.
"
We have had customers compare them to far more expensive speakers, and have always "held our own".

You can find some information here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chane-home-theater-loudspeakers/M1

We have 160 in stock, ready to deliver at $100 EACH (plus shipping)

The biggest problem will be wondering how much speaker one can get for $100. :)

SBE-118 Subwoofer

Our very own Jman reviewed the SBE-118 here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/forum/showthread.php?47809-Chane-SBE-118-Subwoofer-Review

And Peter Loeser, Home Theater Shack Staff member, penned his review here (includes the three Theater 10's): http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...073-chane-3-2-home-theater-system-review.html

The SBE stands for sealed bass engine, and the idea behind this subwoofer is to allow one to configure it in any way one wants - from a single unit with a Dayton SA-230 amp to a Quad pack with our very own MQ-600 amplifier.

Here is some pricing:

SBE-118 passive units: $400 each plus shipping (duals are suggested when possible)

Dayton SA-230 amp: $195 - will turn a single SBE-118 into a powered sub at $595 plus shipping. There is nothing on the market that will deliver this much clean bass for this type of $$$$.

Dayton SA-1000 amp: $375 - will turn a pair of SBE-118's into an $1175 package that will ROCK any theater room. This is the same package Peter tested.

MQ-600 amp: $450. This amp normally sells for $600 - Black Friday pricing is $450. Add a quad pack of SBE-118's and you will NEVER look back in terms of quality bass - for $2050, this system just plain ROCKS.

We have 65 SBE-118's at this price and 100 MQ-600's. The MQ-600 also makes for an incredible high end basic power amplifier. Three of these in your system at $1350 plus shipping will give you 5 channels of incredible power with a channel left over to drive a PAIR of SBE-118's. The MQ-600 also plays nice with any of the excellent DIY drivers - Stereo Integrity, TC- Sounds, Mach 5 - you name it. This amp is a beauty!

All Sales must be paid for via PayPal @ chasefin@verizon.net

I am available during normal business hours, eastern time zone, Monday to Friday with questions @ 800-664-9485. Feel free to email questions, or PM me here.

We are set up to take all Paypal approved credit cards - we pay all fees.

We also can take checks / money orders.

See less See more
#69 ·
Bruce - Please allow an explanation about why we typically use truck freight for 5 or more speakers - even when as small as M-1's ... We have had SO many issues with speakers being destroyed by Fed Ex and UPS that the safety factor with putting them on a pallet makes sense. It costs us more money - but getting speakers to our customers the safest way possible is important.

To your point on breaking in ... yes ... about 50 hours is the norm. Keep playing, and thanks for posting your thoughts!

#73 ·
I am due to update everyone - sorry for the delay! Had some other challenges (needed to replace my processor, etc). I owe Craig a call to pay for these gems.

Bottom line - very happy with them and I will be keeping them. I have them set up in 6.1 now and it sounds great for TV and movies. I love having all 6 as identical speakers. When a movie is on - they all just disappear and immerse us in the movie. No one speaker ever calls attention to itself - it is just great sound everywhere.

Regarding music - I think I have them broken in now and they sound very good. I think they are detailed and open with good imaging. I'm not a professional reviewer so I can't tell you how they compare to a variety of speakers... I can only compare them with the few sets I have and I would say they are as good or better than any of the other speaker sets I have. I have this mated to a Emotiva UPA-5 amp (and new Yamaha processor (and the 6th rear speaker uses the Yamaha amp)) and they sound dynamic and clear.

If I didn't know they were this inexpensive, I never would have guessed it. They look, feel, and sound like a much more expensive speaker. For the price, I have no hesitation recommending them. In fact, I would feel the same if they were more expensive - the low price just makes them a no brainer.

I have determined that I need some acoustic treatments now. At very high volumes (these easily crank loud), I think it gets a little mushy and messy... but I blame my room for that. I plan to get some panels on the walls to help.

Here's a few pictures of these speakers in my room (still a work in process). You can see the mount I used on the back of the rear speaker. Made it pretty easy to mount - slides into groove and holds it in nicely. I was a bit nervous that the rear speakers would be tippy on high stands but they are quite stable - no problems.

Next up: new sub and acoustic treatments :)

Attachments

#72 ·
Hello Everyone,
I just had a "Movie Night" for 7 of my close friends. We watched Expendables 3.
An OK movie but had some pretty good LFE. I have my 4 new SBE-118's in the rear portion of
my room along with my two SS18.2's that flank each side of my TV. I have my SS18.2's powered by my old
MQ-600 using one channel for each. My new MQ-600 arrived with a dead channel. Craig is UPS'ing me a new
one but suggested I hook the four SBE-118's up to the one working channel in series. He said the amp would
see a two ohm load so 1200 watts rms. I have to say, it sounds Great!

A few days ago I had to see what these eight 18" woofers could do. I ran Audyssey but after saving the
results, I turned the gain way up on both the sub amps and also in my Denon both to zero [(Audyssey had
the left (front) at -10.00 and the other at -10.5)]. After doing this I listened to some music and it sounded
good and loud but it was not until I played the crash scene in "Flight Of The Phoenix" that the walls truly
were shaking. It was some of the intense bass I have ever heard". Both LED meters on my older amp
pegged into the red and stayed there for at least 5 to 10 seconds before tripping the rear circuit breaker.
The amp that I have wired in series never tripped the circuit breaker but after flashing the red LED's for
awhile it just simply quit working. The fans were still blowing but it was not amplifying anything.
Craig told me to "feel free" to wire them up in series so I felt confident he would not mind if the
amp blew the working channel too. Well..., It did not do any apparent damage. After it cooled down
for 15-20 minutes, it started amplifying again. I'm not sure how loud my room actually got but I would
guess 120+db! (The loudest I have ever seen on my digital Radio Shack spl meter was 122db and I know it
was at least that loud). My Emotiva amps were getting hot as well as my AVR-4520 (that only powers
my height and wide speakers). I was also getting a little concerned about hearing damage but I tell you
what, IT WAS INCREDIBLE for those few minutes.
I'm so glad I got all of these subs and cannot imagine ever needing more. I think that 4 of Craigs vented
subs would have made me smile also but the lightning quick impact of my subs is sometimes shocking.
You are watching a movie at a pretty elevated volume and everything sounds great but if a bomb
or maybe a cannon goes off it makes you jump!

I know my new subs are no where near broken in yet but they already sound great. They seem pretty durable
too. One of my friends had his Coke sitting on a coaster on top of one of them (I'm using one as an end table)
and within just a few minutes it vibrated off and spilled all over. Lol!

Just wanted to share with you all that I'm all smiles here.

Blessings,Brian

#75 ·
Not to get off topic but I have an MQ-600 question. I'm going to relocate this to a closet and wondering how I can turn it off and on remotely. It doesn't have a trigger jack. I'm going to be using a remote with rf/ir for the equipment. Any ideas are appreciated.

#79 ·
Guys - I have been working on a lot of stuff, and wanted to post some information for current owners of Chase Home Theater Subwoofers and future warranty work.

In the 4.5 years we have been selling subwoofers, we have had 4 driver failures. In order to make sure our customers don't get "stuck" in the future, I have set aside 12 brand new 18 inch drivers to assist in case we have future failures.

In the 4 failures, 2 of them were physical damage cause by the customer, and 2 were from being so over driven the voice coils were cooked. We still replace the drivers free of charge. It isn't like the 4 guys involved were TRYING to misbehave. :D

In one case, the customer's father fell on the driver and damaged it. I am just glad the Dad was not hurt.

I am also working on a place where I can archive information, and also have easier lines of communication with our customers. For now, rest assured, you won't be left "hanging". :T

#80 ·
That's AWESOME to hear Craig! :T

I hate to say it but I'm one of the guys who accidentally caused some physical damage to one of my drivers. :huh: :whistling: :help:

It happens and it's great to hear a company stand by their products like this. I do need a new driver and I'm grateful that Craig's got my back. :T

#84 · (Edited)
Never knew Craig to be anything but a stand up guy! Companies come and go, but he stands behind his designs.

Now, what might be this new place when stuff that was deleted :dontknow:, mangled :eek:, and rewritten :unbelievable: seems to have happen elsewhere? It's like one can't keep the truth from history. I loved those days at TCA and CHT where it was always good times even with those that had different views.

Glock, got your MQ-600 replaced yet? Between tripping breakers, smoking speakers and amps, and verging on blowing out your eardrums, you are one dude on the edge of extreme! Love it!

#85 ·
Hi sbdman!,
I have not received my replacement amp yet but Craig recently texted me that it is on it's way.

You are correct, Craig is a stand up guy! I have personally talked to him for extended periods
of time on several occasions. We not only talked about A/V but also about a variety of other subjects
including firearms (my area of expertise). As I mentioned before, I wish he lived closer so we could
just hang out one evening. He has a standing invitation to come over to the house any time he happens
to be in the Nashville area. (I'll supply the steaks and even some ear plugs!)
I'm not surprised that he now replaces damaged drivers that are damaged through no
fault of his own. Amazing.

To be honest, there are times I wonder what Craig's vented subs would sound like in my room. My three
previous subs were in your face loud. These sealed subs have a much different sound.
Much more "accurate" for lack of a better description. You are watching a movie thinking everything sounds great
but not overwhelmed with the bass (like you would think with eight 18" woofers working), then all of the sudden a
gun blast or a plane flies over and it hits you like a baseball bat! Wow!
Living in/near Nashville I have many friends that are in the music industry. Many have been to parties at my house.
Some you may recognize their names and are relatively famous but all know music very well.
In fact, just a couple of weeks ago a couple of very experienced "sound guys" were here and we had a great time.
All are/were impressed with the bass and overall sound of my system.
"Wow" or "Incredible" are the terms most often used. When I crank it up so loud that when you try to talk loudly and
cannot hear your own voice but can feel your vocal chords vibrating and yet the sound is still so clean and crisp.
They typically just shake their head and start laughing.

These are some impressive subs Especially when you consider the price. Again, Amazing.

Blessings Everyone,
Brian

P.S. sbdman, you are also welcome to come by and hang out if you are ever in town...

#86 ·
Brian - I will be checking with Graham on Monday to make sure he remembered (finally) to ship you an amp.

And our upstairs theater is about to get a quad pack of SBE-118's. I had the larger vented prototypes which we sold in December, and for 2 months, I have been using a pair of Outlaw LFM1-EX in the upstairs room. They are great subs, but it's time to get back to the 18's ... :hsd:

#88 ·
Craig,

Still selling the MQ-600? I am going to need a new amp soon when I complete my SI18 build. Not sure which amp to go with,so many options, so little money! MQ-600's have great specs for the price. I'm also considering crown xli3500 which is a lot more money and the Behringer EP4000 which is cheaper but less power. I think the MQ is perfect combo of price and power, only X factor I'm seeing is the lack of history on it, but you have some experience and still recommend them and I trust ya Craig! Only other question is who would handle warranty repairs/returns if necessary.

Thanks,

#91 ·
Craig, Still selling the MQ-600? I am going to need a new amp soon when I complete my SI18 build. Not sure which amp to go with,so many options, so little money! MQ-600's have great specs for the price. I'm also considering crown xli3500 which is a lot more money and the Behringer EP4000 which is cheaper but less power. I think the MQ is perfect combo of price and power, only X factor I'm seeing is the lack of history on it, but you have some experience and still recommend them and I trust ya Craig! Only other question is who would handle warranty repairs/returns if necessary. Thanks,
I've got the EP4000 running two 18's in one area and in another area have the MQ-600 powering 4 18's, no contest at all power wise, the MQ is in a different class.

#89 ·
ronno1973 ... I have never heard a better amp than the MQ-600, especially for high powered subwoofer use. To give you an idea, we recently ran 4 of our SBE-118's from one channel, and it was killer.

It's built like Crown amps were in the 90's ... 51 pounds of pure AB bliss.

For warranty repairs, the one year is still in effect, and our OEM has committed to this. We have delivered 122 amps so far, with 3 failures, all when the amps first arrived. We just swapped the amp for a new one.

#92 ·
I unboxed a pair of the M1s yesterday. My initial impression is that the build quality is excellent for a sub-$200 speaker. Quality materials and consistent finish and texture. The drivers look nice, and the weave on the woofers give them a high end appearance. The grills and cabinets feel nice and study, and fit together snugly.

I neglected to plan ahead for wall-mounting hardware, so I haven't installed any of them yet. I will say that based on my requirements (see first post) these are perfectly sized for my application. Flush mounted on the wall they will not protrude past the front of my acoustic panels as my current speakers do, which is exactly what I needed.

I'm looking forward to getting a pair hooked up and seeing what they can do. I have some Fluance speakers on hand as well as the Def Techs and Paradigms I already own. I will probably still pick up a pair of the BICs for comparison, as they are similar in dimensions and price, but with horn tweeters. I also have a decent variety of receivers and amps laying around. Plenty of opportunity to put these to the test. I'll be looking for clarity and dynamics from these. Bass response is not critical as they're designed to be crossed to a sub below 80Hz.

#94 ·
Hey Craig, I have a friend (Robert) interested in a pair of the M1's for a 2 channel system that he is putting together for his son. Hope you still have some. I gave him your contact info @ work today. He is going to read about them tonight. These are a steal, hoping he gives you a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.