Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Friday Clearance Sale on Chane (Originally Chase) speakers and subwoofers

46K views 157 replies 31 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 ·
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! As promised, here are our Black Friday / Clearance items:

M1 MTM Loudspeaker:

The M1 was designed to be our affordable, $175 music and theater monitor. They are nothing short of astonishing loudspeakers selling for a minimal price. Each speaker stands about 19 inches tall x 6.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep.
"
We have had customers compare them to far more expensive speakers, and have always "held our own".

You can find some information here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chane-home-theater-loudspeakers/M1

We have 160 in stock, ready to deliver at $100 EACH (plus shipping)

The biggest problem will be wondering how much speaker one can get for $100. :)

SBE-118 Subwoofer

Our very own Jman reviewed the SBE-118 here: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/forum/showthread.php?47809-Chane-SBE-118-Subwoofer-Review

And Peter Loeser, Home Theater Shack Staff member, penned his review here (includes the three Theater 10's): http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...073-chane-3-2-home-theater-system-review.html

The SBE stands for sealed bass engine, and the idea behind this subwoofer is to allow one to configure it in any way one wants - from a single unit with a Dayton SA-230 amp to a Quad pack with our very own MQ-600 amplifier.

Here is some pricing:

SBE-118 passive units: $400 each plus shipping (duals are suggested when possible)

Dayton SA-230 amp: $195 - will turn a single SBE-118 into a powered sub at $595 plus shipping. There is nothing on the market that will deliver this much clean bass for this type of $$$$.

Dayton SA-1000 amp: $375 - will turn a pair of SBE-118's into an $1175 package that will ROCK any theater room. This is the same package Peter tested.

MQ-600 amp: $450. This amp normally sells for $600 - Black Friday pricing is $450. Add a quad pack of SBE-118's and you will NEVER look back in terms of quality bass - for $2050, this system just plain ROCKS.

We have 65 SBE-118's at this price and 100 MQ-600's. The MQ-600 also makes for an incredible high end basic power amplifier. Three of these in your system at $1350 plus shipping will give you 5 channels of incredible power with a channel left over to drive a PAIR of SBE-118's. The MQ-600 also plays nice with any of the excellent DIY drivers - Stereo Integrity, TC- Sounds, Mach 5 - you name it. This amp is a beauty!

All Sales must be paid for via PayPal @ chasefin@verizon.net

I am available during normal business hours, eastern time zone, Monday to Friday with questions @ 800-664-9485. Feel free to email questions, or PM me here.

We are set up to take all Paypal approved credit cards - we pay all fees.

We also can take checks / money orders.

See less See more
#96 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just HAD to post a followup. I watched scenes from both Terminator Salvation and Pacific Rim
on my OPPO last night with my daughter.
I'm having a party tomorrow for 25 people and wanted to have a couple of LFE scenes that show what these 8 sealed 18" woofers can do. There is a bomb scene with machine gun fire and helicopters in one of the early scenes of TS. It Was Incredible! The subs kind of fade into the background until a scene like this and then they "explode" onto the scene. It is Startling and Enjoyable at the same time.
At times both of my MQ-600's had all of their green lights lit up but I never saw any red. My new subs have less than 30 hours on them so not quite "broken in" but I'm still Very Impressed. I cannot wait for tomorrow.
One reviewer called the SBE-118 an "iron fist in a velvet glove". What a great description.
Sorry for such a generic post but just wanted to share.
Blessings Everyone,
Brian

#97 ·
Always get a kick when a fellow owner enjoys Craig's subs!

I've always enjoyed War of the Worlds (not the BD one, the DTS DVD) with it's pod emergence scene. Sounds like the house is falling apart, and I keep looking at the ceiling to see if plaster is falling. Another Tom Cruz one that's good for bass is Edge of Tomorrow.

Olympus Has Fallen has the amazing Washington Monument cracking scene that really perks you up.

Battle: Los Angeles is packed with lots of explosions and gun fire - a fun one to watch.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army(BD) is a lot of fun, too.

When I was at Craig's GTG, he demoed Open Range (amazing gun shots - Book of Eli is similar), Star Trek, Iron Man (forget which one) that I can remember. But that was showcasing the Theater-10.

Hope you have or can find one of these before tonight - they will definitely make an impact on your friends!

#99 ·
Glock3540 ... Thanks for the update. As I type this, a few more updates. There are 48 of our SBE-118's remaining, and 98 of the MQ-600 amps.

The package of four SBE-118's and one MQ-600 amp will deliver over 114 dB in SPL at 20 Hz, 2 meters, outdoors. This is not a short term burst, either. This is on a long term sweep. There is a reason Glock loves his subwoofer package.

I know of no other sealed subwoofer system as a complete package that can do this for $2050 plus shipping.

I am also working out a deal with a couple of gents to take over the Chase Home Theater subwoofer line - more on this later. I would like to see this American made, modular approach to continue, where we can, as hobbyists, purchase passive subs at a reasonable price and add to our systems without having to sell off our old subs.

#102 ·
Hi sbdman!,
I didn't see your post until long after the party but the "audition" went well.
Some of my guest's teenagers did not seem too impressed with all of the subs at first.
Kind of a "I know a guy who has a really nice system" kind of attitude. Then I played the
scenes from Terminator Salvation and all doubters were convinced. Wide eyed with their
mouths open! If memory serves me, the word that was used most often was "Awesome".

I looked through my collection and I have most of your recommendations. As I type this I
am watching the DTS DVD version of War Of The Worlds. The Pod emergence scene is indeed
amazing. Not sure if it has more powerful LFE than TS but it is incredible!
My room is appx 15' wide x 25' long with 11' ceilings that are angled at each end.
I have my subs set at +3.5 dB in the settings on my AVR-4520. The master volume on my 4520 is on
75 (on a scale with 100 being max).
The MQ-600's gain controls are set at just over 1/2 way up. The 600's green LED's were dancing up and down
with an occasional red flash.
In the exact middle of the room with my Rat Shack meter appx 40" above the floor, It showed
peaks of 121dB! I think if I pushed it just a little more I could get 125 dB. It is pretty loud. It is hard to stay
in the room with it this loud but it was very clean sounding (other than the house shaking itself pretty severely).
I'm really pleased with my system and look forward to rewatching a bunch of my movies.
Blessings,
Brian

#103 ·
Hi everyone - it is time for another update on inventory. I have personally purchased the remaining inventory of Chase Home Theater products, and will be selling them at liquidation prices. This is an opportunity to get some great speakers and amps for a REALLY good price.

*Theater 10's are now priced at $200 each plus shipping. These are the real deal, 10 inch woofer, one inch compression driver tweeter with waveguide, and are the same speakers Peter Loeser tested. We have 30 remaining speakers in stock at this price

*SBE-118 subwoofers are now priced at $300 each plus shipping. Each one of these woofers can deliver 102 dB at 20 Hz, 2 meters outdoors. The best part, one does not need a 5000 watt amp to get this performance. In fact, a $400 Dayton SA-1000 will drive duals of these SBE-118's, but the REAL deal will be what you see next:

*MQ-600 amps are now ALSO priced at $300 each plus shipping. They deliver a conservatively rated 600 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms, 900 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms and 2000 watts bridged mono into 4 ohms.

They can be used as a subwoofer amp OR as a high powered, amazingly good sounding main amp. I am keeping 6 of these beasts for myself.

*One MQ-600 can drive FOUR SBE-118'2. For $1500 plus shipping, you can get 114 dB of SPL at 20 Hz from a SEALED subwoofer system. This will be my personal reference system, and a lot of owners know why.

FINALLY - M-1's were shipped to us packaged individually, with four then packaged in a larger box. We are clearing these boxes of four out for $300 plus shipping.

My contact info is ... eastern time zone, Monday to Friday, call 800-664-9485.

All payments can be made via check (PM me for address, or call) or via Paypal at chasefin@verizon.net

Need to see some reviews? Here are a few right here on Home Theater Shack:

1. Peter Loeser reviews a pair of SBE-118's and Theater 10's

2. Peter Loeser reviews the M-1''s in his quest for great surround speakers.

In addition to all this, ten percent of all proceeds will be set aside for Second Harvest Food (also known as Feed America). We have 45 subwoofers, 90 amps, 30 Theater 10's and 25 boxes of Quad pack M-1's at these prices.

Once sold, not only will a lot of people gotten some great deals, we will have raised $5400 for a wonderful charity.

#108 ·
Just found out Craig is no longer associated with Chane (I'm always late to the party LOL). I guess business relationships do not always work out and I'm sad to find this out. Looks like Craig is getting out of the business altogether. I have nothing but praise for him and the quality of his products. I bought some M1's and they are some awesome speakers for the original price point. At the price now they would make an unbelievably great system for someone looking at building their first home theater system or for someone setting up something like a bedroom system. I know if I have some spare cash and there are some still available I will be buying 2 boxes of them. Keep 5 and sell the other 3. Add in a small sub and you have a great system. I've always liked Craig and his way of thinking, great guy with some great products. If you ever had the chance to speak with him, either in person or on the phone, you know what I mean. Wish Craig the best of luck in whatever his next adventure is! If I still drank I'd raise a glass to toast him!

#110 ·
I'm in for an MQ-600. Will be interesting to see how it compares to an iNuke-6000 I have now driving 2 SS-18.2s. The iNuke was tested at 1800WPC into 4 ohms, but I'm not happy with the digital amp idea. The same tester noted the supply to the amp reaching that rating was peaking at 80amps (not rms)! I've lifted up the MQ-600 and its an old school piece of iron - a far cry from the 9 lb iNuke.

I heard someone state that the MQ-600 smoked the Crown XLS 5000! So there must be some serious dynamic reserve in that MQ-600. Even at its conservative rating, this price is a steal.

#112 ·
Peter - Thanks! I should mention that when we have finished all this, I will post a picture of the check to 2nd Harvest Food, just so everyone knows it was done.

To date, we have had about $7700 in sales since Friday. Based on the 2nd Harvest Food Bank's ability to deliver $17 in food for each dollar raised, this means we are already over $13,000 in food for those in need. :)

#118 ·
Ted - Thanks for bringing up a good point ... ANYONE can feel free to drop me a PM here, or also leave a message for me at 800-664-9485. Our secretaries will email me the phone message, and I will get back to you.

Your order is set, and I believe we still have 42 subwoofers and 90 amps left. I CC'ed you on the email to our cabinet builder about your order.

Fanuminski ... thanks for thinking of us!

#122 ·
These really are some great deals. I decided to put together another system with prices this good. I already have a number of Chase subs and can recommend them. If you are on the fence I say go for it as you won't find better prices and it sounds like once these are gone they are gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.