Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was watching Black Hawk Down today and noticed that at 35:20 my subwoofer jumps around like a sheet flapping in the wind. I'll bet the bass is less than 5 Hz. I don't have the best system out there but it sounded pretty cool. I wonder what it would sound like with a LLT like a lot of the big boys run.

This is a good movie to test your system overall, but I just thought I'd point out this part of the movie for those of you that want to push your system to the limits.

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
This is when the helicopter take off (Irene), they said is 7 Hz on that scene, my 4 15"s will shake your pants!!:unbelievable:

:hsd::hsd:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only imagine! My single 12 in a 2cu ft ported box flops around but doesn't make much sound at that freq (lol).

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think I should do the same. I just got my first blu ray player and need to feed the wife excuses why we need to re buy our movies on a new format. this is a good enough reason to pick this up right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
361 Posts
My wife just picked this up for me on Blu Ray today. Going to wait till probably tomorrow night to watch it. Can't wait. I've read that the PCM audio on it is great. Will have to wait to find out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
With my dual ported 18's, the black hawk's flying around feels like someone punching you in the chest. I was getting over 120db's of bass at the peaks on the ol' rat shack.:bigsmile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts