Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

if i paint my walls flat black and then add my sconce lights, wont it be too dark for my 60 watt bulbs? we have a room about 14 feet wide by 20 long with 3 lights [with dimmer] on each side. was wondering if i should paint white under my lights so they can reflect a little better? thanks!

vintage gardens

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

they are sconce uplights, about 8 inches across & i am talking aobut white under the translucent shades....

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Are you painting the whole room black??? or Are you placing the sconces in the front wall???

You can try painting everything black, and if there's not enough light paint the way you describe or get a 100watts bulb :yes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
My walls are flat dark gray, the lights aren't sconces but the photos were taken with the lights in use in the room. The bulbs are 60 watts on the sides and the back and 40 watts on the front. Take a look.
http://www.kn7f.com/Theater/Finished/ Easily bright enough to read by :reading:.

Steve

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yours looks good but you dont have the black ceiling gobbling up all the light. think i'll try to do white under the sconces for a little reflection of the bulbs. we only have them down the sides of the room, not in front or back. thanks!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i use large font sizes becuz of my eyesight. SHOUTING WOULD BE LIKE THIS ----

1 - 7 of 7 Posts