Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some AAA 4101 for my black widow screen, but I cant figure out what formula it is. The code is different from what I am reading online. Did they change the formula again, or do I just use the newest one using Veil tint?

The code is AA-C14.12120(05)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I decided to go with Valspar flat tinted glidden master pallet veil. I hope this works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to get it painted last night. It looks good. I don't have any proper testing equipment or calibration setup yet though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you help me understand how to get this product? Should I go to Lowes asking Valsper and ask to be tinted to Glidden master pallet veil? I thought Gidden was a HomeDepot product. They share the same code?

Well I decided to go with Valspar flat tinted glidden master pallet veil. I hope this works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you help me understand how to get this product? Should I go to Lowes asking Valsper and ask to be tinted to Glidden master pallet veil? I thought Gidden was a HomeDepot product. They share the same code?
Exactly. Most places have access to all color pallets. So you can have valspar tinted to a Glidden color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased an empty can and mixed them in that. Anything would work, but I wanted the ability to seal it afterwards for future use/repairs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have optoma HD131xe with almost 2000hrs on 116" (8'x5') screen. It's sees all kinds of feeds, with 50% being Xbox one.

Light controlled except planted fishtank from the rear of the room. Usually have 4 rear pot lights on dimmed.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
In my opinion, you could try paint a test board with a lighter gray and see how is coming up. If the luminosity still does not corrispond to your needs, you could try BW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In my opinion, you could try paint a test board with a lighter gray and see how is coming up. If the luminosity still does not corrispond to your needs, you could try BW.
I started BW today in Sherwin Williams Opulence (Cashmere in the US) matte - tinted to universal gray. I probably should have taken your advice and went with the veil. It looks pretty light.

First coat done. I'll do second coat in a couple hours. Test run tomorrow. I bought a gallon so if it doesn't suit me I'll just paint over it.

Girl at the counter gave me a couple quart cans to put the mix in so everything is separate.

Should I be able to see any specs or anything? Paint looks "normal"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts