Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site and I'm in love. However, most of the topics are not in my area of expertise. my question is this, could someone simply provide me with a straight forward recipe that I can bring it to Sherwin-Williams Paint store or Lowes and say "make this". Thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You want a recipe for Black Widow? Sorry, no idea what you are talking about. How do you know they don't already make a color close to what you want? Besides that, every brand of paint has their own pigments, so a "recipe" that works for one kind of paint will be impossible to duplicate by using the same "recipe" if you go to a different place (because their pigments are not the same).

·
Registered
580 Posts
Black Widow comprises two parts - standard household paint and metallic auto body paint. No hardware/home improvement store will have the latter. Thankfully, it's very easy to do. Get hardware store to mix part 1, find part 2 online (or local retailer, if you're lucky), mix, apply.

The challenge isn't getting the paint. Surface preparation and paint application require great care as the metallic component of the formula will really highlight any imperfections.

If you go this route, then good luck. The results are worth it when done properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts