Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'vebeen reading about black widow for awhile. I ffinally decided to doIit and lowes no longer has valspar ultra flat. They quit carrying it about 2 weeks ago. Any substitutes?:ponder:

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Hello all. I'vebeen reading about black widow for awhile. I ffinally decided to doIit and lowes no longer has valspar ultra flat. They quit carrying it about 2 weeks ago. Any substitutes?:ponder:
The best base paint to use now is available from Lowe's and is Valspar Signature in matte finish (it has the same gloss level as the 'ultra flat' had). To make a mix the same gray shade as the original Black Widow™ use the color Glidden 'Veil' if you have the new version of Auto Air Aluminum-fine.

Don't go to AVS for current info on Black Widow Ultra™ since BW™ support there by the BW™ developers was dropped years ago.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I have the old . The two numbers where 11. Which color should I use?
For the old AAA-F get the Valspar Signature matte color-matched to PPG 'Bermud Beige' 427-2. :T This is a pinkish-beige color, but when mixed with the AAA-F the mix will come out a neutral N7.5 gray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts