Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Lowes (Canada)to pick up some paint for a Black Widow mix and the lady at the counter told me they dont carry the Ultra Premium Flat Enamel just, Ultra Premium Flat. Will this cause any problems with the mix?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I was in Lowes (Canada)to pick up some paint for a Black Widow mix and the lady at the counter told me they dont carry the Ultra Premium Flat Enamel just, Ultra Premium Flat. Will this cause any problems with the mix?
Using the Flat finish paint would slightly decrease the gain of the mix, but it would still be good.

You might also try asking for Valspar Ultra Premium in Super Flat finish. Super Flat is the new name for what used to be Flat Enamel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also asked for the super flat and was told that it was only found in the States. I hope the slight loss in gain won't be much of an issue. I have an Epson 3020 projecting on a 110" screen from 13' away. Most of the time the room will be dark. A bit of light when not watching movies. Thanks...

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I also asked for the super flat and was told that it was only found in the States. I hope the slight loss in gain won't be much of an issue. I have an Epson 3020 projecting on a 110" screen from 13' away. Most of the time the room will be dark. A bit of light when not watching movies. Thanks...
Thanks for that info Ace27, and no, using the Flat finish base won't matter much at all. :T

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I hope the slight loss in gain won't be much of an issue. I have an Epson 3020 projecting on a 110" screen from 13' away. Most of the time the room will be dark. A bit of light when not watching movies. Thanks...
It would be minimal - like less than .05. Probably not even noticeable by eye.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
It would be minimal - like less than .05. Probably not even noticeable by eye.
It's only noticeable when compared side-by-side Mech. If one were to put up a BW™ screen (or sample) made with a Flat base, take it down, then put up a sample of BW™ made with the Flat Enamel/Super Flat base they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts