Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

5,772 Posts
Hi Joorge,
The yellow ones are probably multilayer polyester film capacitors and are typically a higher voltage rating & are better for high frequencies. However they are larger than electrolytics for the same value.
Electrolytics as their name implies are fluid filled.
This is straight from wiki:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor
An electrolytic capacitor is a type of capacitor that uses an ionic conducting liquid as one of its plates with a larger capacitance per unit volume than other types
1 - 4 of 4 Posts