Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using them as my mains and when i do a REW measurement (20-300hz) right toward the end the L makes a weird, high, vibrating, buzz (like a misquito) and i'm sure it's the tweeter. speaker exchange has one for $25 but i'd like to explore my options.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The only precise option is to replace it with the identical part from Klipsch or someone who stocks their part or to replace both channels with matching parts. If you replace one channel with a replacement part that is not identical, your response will likely be different.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only precise option is to replace it with the identical part from Klipsch
I'm emailing Klipsch to try to get a price from them. they gave me a part # but not a price. I'm sure it will be expensive.

Bob Crites may have a replacement diaphram for your tweeter or may can repair it
I'll contact Bob.

Thanks you two

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm using them as my mains and when i do a REW measurement (20-300hz) right toward the end the L makes a weird, high, vibrating, buzz (like a misquito) and i'm sure it's the tweeter. speaker exchange has one for $25 but i'd like to explore my options.
Did you get a new AVR recently? I ask since I did and one of my tweeters is blown but after swapping it out with the other it appears the crossover has gotten 'messed up'.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get a new AVR recently? I ask since I did and one of my tweeters is blown but after swapping it out with the other it appears the crossover has gotten 'messed up'.
Same AVR. you replaced the tweeter in a speaker then the crossover in that speaker got messed up?

·
Registered
146 Posts
No. I replaced my AVR and right after that the tweeter was blown. I swapped the Left w/the Right speaker and it followed the speaker. I then got in a new tweeter and same issue. I then took the 'good' one and put it in the 'bad' one and vice versa and it still happened. So it points to the speaker. I'm going to hook up my prior AVR tonight or tomorrow to test out that final piece.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so it not necessarily the tweeter, could be the xover?

well that's fantastic... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts