Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys need some more info. how to hookup a blu-ray player with hdmi only output to a tv without hdmi to a avr?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I didn't go through the manual, but try going from BD hdmi to avr. Then from the component out(monitor out)(red, green, blue) go to the component in on the tv. I'm not 100% that will work, but I'd try that. Your manual should say if the Yamaha will change the hdmi out to component. Post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
If the AVR transcodes video from HDMI to component, connect:
- BD player via HDMI to AVR;
- component video from AVR to TV; and
- either digital audio or analogue audio from AVR to TV.

If the AVR does not transcode, get an HDMI-to-component converter (from monoprice.com or BB or some other shop) and connect:
- BD player via HDMI to converter;
- component video from converter to TV; and
- analogue audio from converter to TV.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the AVR transcodes video from HDMI to component, connect:
- BD player via HDMI to AVR;
- component video from AVR to TV; and
- either digital audio or analogue audio from AVR to TV.

If the AVR does not transcode, get an HDMI-to-component converter (from monoprice.com or BB or some other shop) and connect:
- BD player via HDMI to converter;
- component video from converter to TV; and
- analogue audio from converter to TV.
can you hot link me to the converter if i need it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thankx. Talked to yamaha on the ph i need the converter. he said blu-ray hdmi to converter component out from tv to converter. optical from converter to avr. or component from converter to avr. where the can i get that type of converter. Sorry Boys I'm a noob at this stuff.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I was afraid you might need to convert.
As eljay posted, eBay would be a good place to start. Amazon, or parts express would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An alternative to a converter is an inexpensive BD player w/ component video and digital audio out. Here's one example.
yea thankx the only reason i got this type of blu-ray is that it has streaming for netflix, youtube, pandora and a lot more that my kid wants. Or i would have went the way your saying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
one more ? if you don't mind will a monster rca cable that say's audio on it carry a video signal. Because i have about ten of those cables.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
just make sure they are somewhat the same length if they are out too much (a foot or more) you may have issues with sync (unlikely but it can happen).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts