Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the ~3.5k range veiled as this seems to be where my ears feel harshness. My budget Onix x-ls identical front three have served me well in this regard. They are absolutely non-fatiguing.
I am looking for that same quality from a better bookshelf. One that has more clean punch from 80Hz-200Hz.
Large bookshelves are not a problem, but they must be bookshelf.
TIA!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Have you thought about an EQ to solve the problem? Depending on your source (receiver, preamp, etc.), it may already have adjustable EQ in the "Room Correction." Just a thought...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dynaudio probably fits this to a T. Very laid back midrange, it's almost startling when I compared it to Revel, NHT, or Usher speakers that I own.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with getting the best speaker that you can and then EQing it if you need to. You might also find that it's a room reflection.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Depending on what model Dynaudio you have, the mids are adjustable (as well as the lows and highs). Mine are set flat except for the 80Hz highpass on the mains.

...and the room is always a consideration when it comes to how any speaker sounds. So, +1 on the reflection thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts