Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have done a few tests with a flat frequency through my HK635 and added a waterfall in the mix to show the resonance I am experiencing. According to ten tests along my front wall the curve with the least amount of dips was in the right corner. I have taken the measurement with the bare subwoofer signal and the one after my EZset/EQ. I am not having that much faith in the HK EQ technology at this point. Maybe I am wrong but I do welcome any comments on what you see.
:dizzy:

noEQ

may23_noeqgraph.jpg

noEQ waterfall

may23_noeqwaterfall.jpg

EZset/EQ

may23_ezseteqgraph.jpg

EZset/EQ waterfall

may23_ezseteqwaterfall.jpg

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I am not having that much faith in the HK EQ technology at this point.
Yeah, I think a BFD could clear that raw signal up with three or four filters, a lot cleaner than the auto EQ did. But it ain't that bad really.....

brucek

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the opinion bruce, I think I felt it was worse than it was until I heard it in the real world. I just finished watching Ratatouille BD with my son, and I have to say I was quite impressed with the sound. Maybe just lowered expectations, but wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Didn't notice a large amount of resonance to make the bass too smeared and "one-notey". It didn't leave me with a feeling of ache either.

I did do an auto plot for filters on the curve and the theoretical BFD did seem to plot it much flatter, I agree with you there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts