Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the paint for a C&S screen im planning to paint directly on the wall today, but Im having a hard time figuring out what Im going to do for a border. How do people usually attach their borders, and is there a way I can do it that will allow me to alter screen size without too much fuss?

The plan is to paint the screen fairly oversized and use the velvet border to size it more precisely. Makes sense, right?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
When it comes to making your own DIY screen border it's open to anything you can design and build, all the way from a simple "open picture frame" to using magnetic panels or anything else you can come up with. If you are going to be using a known fixed screen size (which I guess you aren't) you could even simply paint the rest of the screen wall black. It all depends on how black a border you want, black paint isn't near as light-absorbing as black fabric, but it can still work depending on how bright the spill-over is.

Please document your solution and publish it here for others to use or make their own version of. :T

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment the idea that comes to mind is to cut strips of mdf ~8" wide for the sides, wrapped in black velvet and hang them like pictures on either side of the screen. For the top and bottom, Im thinking I could make them about 10-12" wide and have two mount points, one for 16X9ish material and one for 2.4:1 and such. It wouldnt be perfect, but it'll give me dome flexability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.