Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 4 Bose 601 series 2 speakers at a local pawn shop in omaha.

They are cosmeticaly in pretty good condition.
Two have some sunfading on the grills so the fabric is a light brownish grey.
The other 2 must have been on the other side of the room because the grills are still the purpleish black.

From what I have seen the drivers seem to be in decent shape.

If you are interested let me know what you would be willing to spend for these with shipping and I'll go try to negotiate with them.

I can send pictures if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would...but i can't afford to. Unless someone wants to buy them for me as a late wedding birthday happy baby gift!

I will go back and ask about them in the morning.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Always check the condition of the surrounds on speakers that have foam surrounds, which these did, IIRC.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm surprised to actually see anyone interested in Bose over here. I thought that Bose was supposed to be bane for serious enthusiasts?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
We have a variety of users and interests here and we gladly accomodate them all. My preference certainly would not be for Bose 601s but if someone likes them or finds a good value on a pair, and it satisfies his/her needs, I have no problem giving my best advice on the matter. You won't find many Bose fans here likely, but neither will you find many snobs.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
The old Bose 501 Series II & III and 601 Series II & III were pretty decent speakers in their time. They were not terribly overpriced as the new Bose stuff is and represented a pretty good value overall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts