Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does this sound suitable for subwoofer use?

300w RMS 600w max
2" voice coil
96db 1w/1m
Frequency responce 22hz-2khz
Resonant Freq 28hz
Vas 7.4 Cf
QMS 7.093
QES 0.932
QTS 0.832
Mounting depth 6-1/8"

£35

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Been unable to find out the Xmax, only just found it on eBay UK, while pricing up 15" drivers, waiting to hear back from a seller with regards to posting two GT5-15's to my work. It's parameters are available from http://www.jbl.com/car/product_support/default.aspx?Language=ENG&Country=GB&Region=EUROPE it looks like it has a lower FS and more Xmax than the GT4-15.

Still thinking two 15"s, but undecided if they will be in seperate cabs or what?

I am having computer troubles at home just now (old XP machine is playing up), so am unable to play around much with stuff.

I have also been looking at the Beringer Super-X Pro CX2310 Crossover (while reading through the EP4000 manual) and wondered if it had any use as a subwoofer Xover? Still to find a UK sourced rumble filter.

Also wondering, with regards to wiring up the EP4000, I intend to use Speakon connection for the subs, I have cables connected with such, but was wondering if the EP4000 is OK with RCA to XLR cables from the AV sub out?

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
if youre going to use that boss it should be in a big sealed cab, ob, or ib since it has such a high qts. more of a woofer than a sub .

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wouldn't buy a woofer from BOSS regardless of specs

and i wouldn't buy a woofer with those specs regardless of who made it

i hope this answers your question.

that said if you put this woofer into a REALLY BIG sealed box with some stuffing it will more or less work. the problem is the box for that woofer will cost more than the woofer itself and unless you live in central Africa the space occupied by the box will cost 10 times more still.

ultra-lo cost woofers like this seem to be a good deal until you consider all the associated expenses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts