Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently bought a modified Boss SD-1. It has been mod'ed to match the specs of the original Ibanez TS808. I think the sound is very good... made a small audio test/review. Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Marco

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds great Marco! :T Did you do any of the modifications yourself?

I just started to learn how to play guitar (and failing miserably at it), so I don't know much about pedals yet. Just curious why you'd go with a modded pedal to sound like the TS808 rather than just getting a TS808.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Stone!
No... I'm not that good in electronics to do the mod myself, so I bought one on ebay made by this guy (SuperKing pedals). The basic reason is that the oroginal TS808 -from the '80- costs a lot (around 140£, if you are lucky). I gave only 35 quid for this pedal, with top-notch components.
And I like the sound very much!

Cheers,
Marco

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Stone!
No... I'm not that good in electronics to do the mod myself, so I bought one on ebay made by this guy (SuperKing pedals). The basic reason is that the oroginal TS808 -from the '80- costs a lot (around 140£, if you are lucky). I gave only 35 quid for this pedal, with top-notch components.
And I like the sound very much!

Cheers,
Marco
Thanks for the reply Marco! After asking you the reason for your purchase I thought to myself, "well it was probably cheaper than the original..."

I certainly hope to get into guitar enough to know, use, and understand pedals and usage but I have a VERY long way to go.

I too would be interested to know how you did your video. As Jonathan said, It is very nicely done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts