Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have 4 subwoofers that I was wondering if anyone could help me design boxes for. I don't know how to use the software myself but I needed to know what dimensions to build my boxes for these subwoofers. I want the boxes all to be SEALED because I hate port noise. I don't have enough room to run PR's either.

18" RE Audio XXX (06 & up newer version)

15" TC Sounds LMS-5400 Ultra

I have two frankenstein type woofers as well:

18" Aura 1808 motor with the PRO 5100 top assembly supplied by parts express.

If anyone would take the time to help me design the boxes I would really appreciate it. I am anxious to put it all together and see how she sounds :)

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
This will basically give you 4 different subs, is that what your intended goal is. Are you planning on using them all together in the same system?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are separate speakers that I want to try out but I need to design the right boxes before it can be tested.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
In that case then, what you would probably be best doing is designing one box that can be modded very easily to best suit each driver. Typically, a sealed cab just needs to be a set size, so we really just need to figure out which driver needs the biggest box, and you can reduce its size by placing blocks inside for the other drivers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really just need dimensions and I will probably just modify the box as you said.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed my mind. I will be using 4 subwoofers and the Behringer dcx2496 to control them. Two PRO 5100's, one LMS-5400 and one XXX. I will need 3 different boxes to achieve this. Could anyone help me model them and see what would work best? I dont know how :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
You wouldn't be the first to say that at the beginning of this hobby...

Regardless, it doesn't take all that long to model your first driver in a box. The second link I gave you is very straightforward and easy to follow. It might be faster than waiting for someone to do it for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are some of the most discussed, desired subs I have seen on this forum. I figured more people would know exactly how to utilize these to their maximum potential. I may make a few tweaks in the future but I doubt it. I need to get better surround speakers but these subs should do the trick until something REALLY groundbreaking comes out at least :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts