Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my upcoming project, I'm going to run one vertical and one horizontal brace. Is it better to have one run left to right and one front to back or can they both run front to back? I have seen people do it both ways, but was wondering which was better?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have worded that incorrectly.

I was initially going to do it like this:
front to back.jpg

But would this be better:
Mixed.jpg

Or for a smaller sized box (3.5 cu ft) would just a single brace like this be OK:
Single.jpg

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You could do both way but if you go the second and have large panel (22x22'' Is getting quite large) It's better to had a bracing that go from the bracing the the rear panel.

I did my trio12 built like the 2nd method and my box is 20'' wide, 22'' tall and 25'' long. But I have double front and rear baffle. And most of the rear baffle is a port tube wich is braced too in the middle on all it's length. I've not heard any strange noise coming from the box.

It's better to have more bracing than not enough when building a subwoofer. Also bracing can help you use less thick wall that can considerably reduce the weight.

My box weight only close to 100-130 pound I if it could have been lighter I would have been happy :rofl2: Next time I will use more bracing and probably use single thickness rear baffle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts