Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has there ever been any real testing on "BRACING" to actually Hear, or for that matter Measure any real difference in SQ ??

I've seen a High End (Big curved,Sealed) enclosure here, proffesionally build with looks like minimal Bracing,for the enclosure size, and have read other SUB designer that says it is often not needed, at least for most of there Ported Designs ??

Some people put extensive bracing , just wondering if it is really making that much of a Diff ??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Bracing does two things. It helps eliminate standing waves inside the box and it keeps the panels from resonating.
I have personally had issues with with my panels resonating in large subwoofer enclosures.

Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
Think of it this way: The cone of the driver is the only part you want to hear vibrating. So eliminating vibration from the cabinet is essential.

Tom

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Braceing is good for sub boxes especially for large enclosures as the panels or walls will flex due to the presure of the sub. Also it will obviously make the box more solid. There are several braceing tecniques of braceing that can be implemeted into a build, 1 is shelf braceing which you see alot of or what i call Spine braceing which is basically just just added sticks strategically to the inside of the enclosure walls.
Hope i helped you abit:T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts