Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, brand new to home theater setups, unless watching television counts.

I came across this website from a post by mississippi man on AVS forum trying to figure out my next step for my setup.

A little background. The missus has been wanting a bigger screen television for years and really wants an 75 in or plus. My children are now too old to sell and they would probably return them for a refund anyways, so I've been eyeing the cheap projectors on ebay. I found a $200 projector on ebay that is supposed to be 5000 lumens and it does put a pretty good picture on my bare white wall even with day light coming in from the windows. I was unwilling to spend more until I'm sure that the missus will be happy with a projector vs a television and finding out any unintended side effects.

After reading about black widow paint, spandex, blackout cloth, or just buying a screen (silver ticket looks promising), I'm realizing there is going to be a learning curve. I'm trying to figure out where to start.
As far as audio, I'm not too concerned about that. Rock concerts and decades working in loud environments have made us deaf to certain sounds anyways.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS :wave:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to HTS! You'll find plenty of help here... sounds like you're at the beginning of a fun journey!

If you use Facebook or Twitter, click on the supplied links and follow us! It's a great way to find out about new equipment reviews, news, and HTS forum announcements. We also feature lots of other content.

Also, if you have a completed Home Theater or Two-Channel system, get your first five posts out of the way and create a thread about your room! You can create Theater threads (here) and Two-Channel threads (here)! If you're designing and building, we have threads (Theater and Two-Channel) where you can feature your builds, too! It's a great way to share photos, ideas, and get feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts