Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon ,

Trying to remove the driver from the cabinet because it did not go thru properly i broke the binding post on one side of the tc sound lms-r15.

Unfortunately Parts-express are out of stock until september.

I 2 small wire that were attached to the binding post are hanging loose under the driver. Ther are not long buti was wondering if i could cut the broken plastic on them and just use speaker cable to extend these wires and reconnect it ?

Alain

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Did you break the binding post on the box or the driver? If it's the box then you can normally swap out binding posts. Link the binding post and I'll help you look for the match.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you break the binding post on the box or the driver? If it's the box then you can normally swap out binding posts. Link the binding post and I'll help you look for the match.
Nope it is the binding post of the driver

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics would be helpful.
Here they are

i cut the broken plastic part from the wire ,

One thought i had was to crimp a connector to the wire then crimp another one on a speaker wire and join the 2 together

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here they are

i cut the broken plastic part from the wire ,

One thought i had was to crimp a connector to the wire then crimp another one on a speaker wire and join the 2 together
Oh by the way in case you are wondering there are 2 set of post on this driver 2 X 2 ohm

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh by the way in case you are wondering there are 2 set of post on this driver 2 X 2 ohm
Well last night i proceed to installed quick connector on the bare wire, tested the connection was getting sound, good wired in series put back the driver in the cabinet and hook up the ep4000, Set the switch for bridge mode but somehow i don't find the sub playing that loud i hear it but i would have exptected it to play louder then that , my 1o inches hsu sub is playing louder

So it is because of the connector to replace the broken binding post or i need to set up the ep4000 differently?

Alain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts