Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken 'HDMI Out' on the Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS AVR; Any ideas as to how to fix this without replacing the HDMI Board?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Not sure if you can fix it without replacing the board but wouldn't it be cheaper and quicker to just use componant for video and toslink for audio?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess so; Since it was broken, I have already upgraded to a new AVR. Just trying to salvage whatever i can out of the old one. :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well I myself don't see any difference in picture quality between componant and hdmi so unless you really have to have only one wire for pic and sound I wouldn't spend the money to have it fixed, but that's just my opinion. I am not sure but does the Pioneer convert hdmi to componant out? If so the you will still get your audio to the reciever from your dvd/bd player or cable/sat box through hdmi in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If it's HDMI Out means still can take HDMI inputs from the sources to process digital audio, except that you can't output to your display panel. If the AVR can output to component with out much difference in quality, that's the last option you can go...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I could do that - But this is in my media room and i have a HDMI going out from the Equipment to PJ via a conduit. I thought it would be easy to get a new one rather than redoing with the Component.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this thread today while searching for my problem. I have had this receiver for a number of years and recently the HDMI out port has been giving me problems. The picture will go to static or green and I have to wiggle the cable. I have tried different cables on all my devices and have determined that it is indeed the HDMI out PORT that is the problem.
As I don't really have the money right now to buy a new receiver I was hoping I could just keep all my devices connected to the HDMI inputs on the receiver but output component video to the TV.
This does not seem to be working for me, however. I was wondering if anyone in here ever determined whether this would work?
My devices are TiVo HD, Roku XDS and a Playstation 3, all connected via HDMI.

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to give this a shot. Is this going to be possible?
I really hate to run component and toslink cables from all my input devices.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem you described in your post. What did you do to fix it?
thanks
Mark
I didn't do anything. I ended up buying an inexpensive Pioneer VSX-821-K. I was getting frustrated with having the picture go out so much but I figured it would cost too much to get it repaired. I didn't actually buy the Elite to begin with; I won it in a contest and it is a fantastic receiver. I don't know what to do with it now. If someone wanted to use it strictly with component cables, or were willing to get it repaired, I might be able to sell it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts