Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heil to all audio GURU !!!

I write my problem here hoping that someone generate some wise idea. ANY idea will help :)
SO situation: I have Tannoy TS12 as active sub for my home hifi system, and my wifes ants dog somehow
get to the power cable and starts to broken it down. I didn`t notice that and power it up. The fuses goes out on home. Also the fuse on sub was blown out. Firstly i think it was nothing change the fuse and will go on, but NO. The board was completely burned. I take the sub to my good cooperation partners who distribute various audio brands in my country. They have very good technical support center BUT they can`t get any schematics for Tannoy, as I heard the other and was very poor support. So here is a situation I have broken sub with good driver and good enlosure.

ANY DIY IDEAS ?!?! How to get the sub working, and I still want to be ACTIVE SUB.

In my country we have 220Volts/50Hz power lines, I think maybe some car amplifier, but it must be powerful enough to drive this 12" 500W coil. And second problem inverter from 220 to 12 also 500W.

I`m stuck. :):help:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for delay I was ill.
Yes it's in sealed design. About plate amplifiers: lets say none in local stores everything must order from EU or worst case USA and finally i will pay same price as new but not so powerfull. The idea was not try to fix it(because of pricing) but using the driver and MAYBE the box

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.