Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a budget blue ray player. its for relatives who are not that tech savy. I have not bought one so I am trying to figure out what is junk and what is a decent price point. I see refurbs on woot from 40 dollars. What is a good HDMI, dont care about 3D, blue ray player for under 100 dollars?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you are looking at budget players for relatives there are a few name brands that are good and normally under $100. Brands like Panasonic, Samsung, LG that you can find at a Walmart, Best Buy.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
I'd recommend a Sony S5100 if you need built-in Wi-Fi, can be had for about $80.00 or an S1100 if you can get by with a wired connection or no internet connection. Also assumes your relatives can utilize the HDMI connections as most new Blu-ray players only have HDMI outputs.
Panasonic also has some very good players for about the same price, though I personally have not had very good luck with them, for others they have been rock solid units.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
This Panasonic BDT225 is a great deal and includes wireless for $89
I own three different Panasonic bluray players and not one of them has ever given me any issues. One of them is over 5 years old now

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Sort of, it is only the top that is a bit odd. Of course hardly any of the Blu-ray players are big enough to place anything on to of so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Come to think of it, most all Blu-ray players have something odd about them these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts