Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Budget Receiver with 4 HDMI IN and 3D Passthrough?

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  BeeMan458 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm looking to replace my Onkyo HTX-22HDX which has 3D compatibility issues with my projector. If not for that, I won't need to change it, as the sound is more than enough for me.

So, I want to purchase a receiver for up to 250 dollars and since in my country the selection of receivers is very poor, I would import one from USA, so I would love some first hand experience recommendations.

I have very basic requirements: 4 HDMI in (3 HDMI in minimum), 1 HDMI out and 3D pass through. 4K capabilities is a plus.

By the way, I would probably use it as 2.1 at first, and over time I might add the 3 remaining speakers.

I don't have much more requirements than that, and so far I like this ones:

Yamaha RX-V373 $200
Yamaha RX-V375 $240
Yamaha RX-V377 $250
Yamaha RX-V473 $260 (Refurbished)
Yamaha RX-V575 $280 (Refurbished)

Denon AVR-E200 $170
Denon AVR-E300 $200
Denon AVR-1513 $230

Sony STR-DH740 $250

Which one would you choose? Any better option? Are refurbished Yamahas any good?

THANKS A LOT!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Picking receivers that are close in features is a difficult task as you're dealing with minutia.

Refurbished Yamahas are as good as new with the exception of the warranty as refurbs have much shorter warranties.

Check out Accessories4Less. They have a refurbished Denon AVR-1513 for $109.99.

As too the question, what would I choose? I would choose a more expensive unit as I'm in it for three things, switching, amplifier section and room correction software. Of the ones you listed, I would choose either the Yamaha RX-V575 or the Denon AVR-1513.

Hope the above helps.

#3 ·
Picking receivers that are close in features is a difficult task as you're dealing with minutia.

Refurbished Yamahas are as good as new with the exception of the warranty as refurbs have much shorter warranties.

Check out Accessories4Less. They have a refurbished Denon AVR-1513 for $109.99.

As too the question, what would I choose? I would choose a more expensive unit as I'm in it for three things, switching, amplifier section and room correction software.
He is not in the US and accessories4less don't ship outside the US .

For the OP .. the receivers that you are looking at are all in the same price range and you should chose the one that fits your needs . At those price ranges 4K might be out of the equation .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.