Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using 5.12. Every once in a while when I start REW the splash screen comes up and goes away as usual and it displays the initial screen, but it freezes at that point indefinitely. I cannot select any of the Menu items and I cannot click X in the top right corner of the window to close it. I have to kill it with Task Manager and after a little bit it terminates. Then I relaunch REW and its fine. I've seen this now a handful of times. Not sure under what circumstance it happens.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I've just downloaded the latest version onto my Windows 7 laptop and I can't get it to open. I see the initial logo screen for .5 seconds .....then nothing... What could the problem be?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you're describing is different. In my case I get past the splash screen and to the main screen but it freezes there. And only once in a while. After I kill it and restart its fine. I can start it up several times before it happens again.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
If you encounter odd behaviour please look in the log files to see if any errors have been captured (usual location is in your home directory in a directory called REW, but the location is shown in the Help -> About window).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you encounter odd behaviour please look in the log files to see if any errors have been captured (usual location is in your home directory in a directory called REW, but the location is shown in the Help -> About window).
Here you go:
May 30, 2015 9:34:22 PM roomeqwizard.RoomEQ_Wizard main
INFO: REW started
May 30, 2015 9:34:26 PM com.synthbot.jasiohost.AsioDriver <clinit>
INFO: Loaded jasiohost.dll
May 30, 2015 9:34:26 PM roomeqwizard.CalData calFileLoader
INFO: Mic sensitivity 0.16 dB
ReadStereo timed out
ReadStereo timed out
ReadStereo timed out
ReadStereo timed out

If I then kill the process and restart REW it loads just fine. I'm not sure now often this happens on start up - not ever time buy maybe like 50%.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
That looks more like a log from audio input not available than a startup freeze issue, readStereo doesn't get called until the audio I/O is activated which isn't until a measurement is made or the generator/SPL meter/level meters are used.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks more like a log from audio input not available than a startup freeze issue, readStereo doesn't get called until the audio I/O is activated which isn't until a measurement is made or the generator/SPL meter/level meters are used.
Interesting. In going through all the logs that's the only error I see, with one exception (below). Maybe that read error is related to this issue I reported: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/123826-bug-input-soundcard-not-detected.html ?

As noted above, the logs are all very short and uninteresting (only have the data I listed above but without the read error), except I have one instance of this - but not sure when it happened and what the result was in REW:

May 30, 2015 2:01:30 AM roomeqwizard.GD intervalAdded
SEVERE: Trying to add at 1 but measPanes.size() is 2
nown Source)
at roomeqwizard.MeasData.smoothIIR(Unknown Source)
at roomeqwizard.MeasData.smoothImmediate(Unknown Source)
at roomeqwizard.MeasData$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts